DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost my Mavic today. How do I find it?

you learn the hard way, it is a lesson for all: if wind is too strong, just go back home and dont fly that expensive toy

Reactions: MrsTreat
rcflyingaddict DJI sent me a return paid postage thing, which I am about to go to the post office with. It seems hopeful.
I have new one, in any case and it was just in time to get these two clips from a two hour shoot. Just (yes I ended up with 6 batteries) a few minutes worth but I think it was worth it.
Pretty cool eh?
Get personal insurance people!
John

Reactions: WizDrone
I knocked on the guy's door and he said the drone had not landed on his roof, my phone said I was on top of it. I took a step back, looked up at his roof and there it was, staring at me....
So how did that go down once he saw it? Being not very welcoming to you, did he let you put a ladder up on his house and go retrieve it?

What type of owners insurance do you have? I'm guessing it's pretty good if you were able to grab a replacement quickly and know it was covered. Well done!

he was good in the end got me a ladder and helped.me
I phoned my insurance company and told them what I had. they insured all electrical goods even abroad. after 15 years of not claiming they said I can claim as much as I want no flames bonus.

I don't think home owners will be much help with a drone. There's normally a huge deductible that will cause you to get nothing.

One of my pre-flight checks is using the best app I have come across for my part of the world is Weather Forecast - Australia - WillyWeather. To date it has given me the best wind and other weather factors. At take-off, at a large open space, the wind was just below the 22 mph recommend. I kept the MP at around 50 meters height. When it started drifting the first thing I did was to drop the height. But it did not respond, and it has never done that before. There was a warning of high winds and after repeated attempts to guide it home I initiated a RTH.

Hi John,

Have you tried www.windy.com ?

It allows you to have a look at the wind speeds at ground level, 100m, 200m and so on. A lot of kite surfers use it and I have used it for flying the MP just to get an idea of what is happening at height.

I don't suppose there is an app for anything that tells me what the wind is 50 metres up but it would be great
There is UAV Forcast app and at bottom go to Windows profile. It will show wind speeds at all altitudes for your location provided you have location services (GPS etc) turned on, on your device.
3bdfc2f1e8d176d8c221160bea4a2733.jpg

Hi John,

The bottom right corner of windy allows you to see what is happening up high (if you use a PC anyway) see attached

I have taken two screen shots one at 600m and the other at ground level. It goes up in 100m increments.

Attachments

• windy.jpg
    windy.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 49
  • windy1.jpg
    windy1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: WizDrone
Thanks Dragonfly and Bobby dazzla that is excellent, just what I need, well we all need.
I use a mac and it's good on that and the app on the android. But as you mentioned I can't see the detailed altitude. I will have to dig out an old pc, better on a mobile though. But there must be a way if its on a PC.

Brilliant guys thanks a heap. on the app on the Android you pick a spot and it tells you the wind speed and direction. on the left-hand side you can move the hight scale and see how I the wind is at various heights. just what we need. thanks so much.
An absolute gem.

Today at one of my favourite spots it's less windy 100 metres high than the surface and I checked all the places I'll be flying to and they're all good surface and 100m

Hi.
I to have lost my drone yesterday.
Conditions were good systems were normal.
Was at a height if 11m and at a distance only 200m when the dji app closed and the controller displayed the conecting... message.
I waited for the drone to come to its RTH location which it did not. I then went looking at the last known location but the drone was not there.
Is there any way of locating this drone?
DJI just referred me to their servive policy which was obviously of no use at all.
Drone was also recently replace using dji refresh and this was only its 4th flight since
Any help would be great
Cheers

I was helped with this issue.
If you go into the app on the top right select the three horizontal lines and choose "Find me drone" and it shows where you drone was active last.

Oh and dont let them say it was your fault. They checked my MP and r/c and said both were fine. I accept that but on the day I repeatedly tried to lower it out of the wind and RTH. The flight data did not show that but I know what I did.
It seems this happens a lot and the truth will out I recon and soon.

The exact thing happened in my case and DJI keep referring me to their service policy.

Not Happy. Controller just started saying connecting and drone was gone. Rth was set and did not function.

Any advise
Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato