DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic

Yukysky

Reactions
Good morning, I've lost my mavic 2 days ago because it drifted without trying to fight against a 10km/h wind. After that I saw that he was like 500m away from me I tried to make it come back with rth as the battery was getting really low and the alarm beeping like crazy j forgot that my joysticks were invested so when I finally saw it I wanted to make it come back with sport mode to be faster than rth. But as I was stressed I forgot about my mode and so I was flying it away from me without me really realizing it until it was too late... I lost the connection 140m high with critical low battery and I can't find it even tho I've searched for 5 hours.. can some of you help me and if u need the log, could you explain me how to do so?
Still I would like to know if I have a chance to be able to use the warranty as it drifted for 500m for no reason..
Thanks a lot.
Yuky

Upload flight log here: Also, keep in mind that the winds are greater at a higher altitude and you were flying at over 400 feet high

DJI Flight Log Viewer

All will be revealed with the flight log upload.

Note: a 10kmh wind at ground level will likely be a 40km/h wind at 140m. not insurmountable, but this can account for battery drain and difficulty coming back in non-Sport mode

All will be revealed with the flight log upload.

Note: a 10kmh wind at ground level will likely be a 40km/h wind at 140m. not insurmountable, but this can account for battery drain and difficulty coming back in non-Sport mode
I can easily figure that out if I get the TXT file and I upload it to my Airdata. I have the Gold plan, which gives wind speed calculations.

ok I spent my yesterday trying to find it and i found it !!!! As i heard it before the crash i calculated the distance it could've been (90db - 20log(distance) ) and i had a 100m range approx and i found it like 50m away from me !!!! thank you guys !
Now i have a mavic that took water damage i think (the camera seems to have no problem at all) should i keep it in rice and then send i to dji for check ups ? (the propelers are broken) and i don't have the dji care only a regular, will it be covered ? thanks

Hey man, I would send it in and get the peeps that built it to check it out anyway! They will tell by the flight logs what happened to it. If it was behaving normally, there is no fault, no warranty.

I turned it on today, everything looked fine until I realized the camera was not straight and it went wild like that :
What am I supposed to do?

I think it's the last one but not sure

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-16_[20-02-29].txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 30
Or maybe this one I don't know how to know

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-11_[16-51-52].txt
    131.2 KB · Views: 23
I turned it on today, everything looked fine until I realized the camera was not straight and it went wild like that :
What am I supposed to do?

Did you get a gimbal motor overload error on the DJI Go 4 app ?

Probably damaged the camera ribbon cable in the crash you had, it may need to be replaced.

Last edited:
Did you get a gimbal motor overload error on the DJI Go 4 app ?

Probably damaged the camera ribbon cable in the crash you had, it may need to be replaced.
I instanrly turned it off, I'll try later today and I'll tell you.

I instanrly turned it off, I'll try later today and I'll tell you.

don't worry about trying to get the error message up, it may do more damage having the gimbal go crazy like that

don't worry about trying to get the error message up, it may do more damage having the gimbal go crazy like that
Ok I contacted dji support and basically they told me to send it and they will tell me if it's covered by the warranty or not.
Should I do so ?

Ok I contacted dji support and basically they told me to send it and they will tell me if it's covered by the warranty or not.
Should I do so ?

Where are you located ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78