DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic

Ok , then it's ok to send the Mavic back to the DJI main service center in the Netherlands, they have a good service.

Also you have Studio Sport in Rouen which might be closer

DJI Repair Service Center
Thanks a lot, I also turned it on today to look to the gimbal issue and nothing all the problem are solved like the camera rotate perfectly on the 3 axis and i have no error at all (only propellers missing because they are broken)
Should I send it either way so they'll check if everything is ok ?

Thanks a lot, I also turned it on today to look to the gimbal issue and nothing all the problem are solved like the camera rotate perfectly on the 3 axis and i have no error at all (only propellers missing because they are broken)
Should I send it either way so they'll check if everything is ok ?

No, I would not send it in until there is a problem, since it is the gimbal all that can happen is that the camera will not work, it won't make the AC fly away or crash, so it's not a big problem

I would do a full camera calibration to make sure everything is back to normal, might have just been a problem with the water you mentioned from the crash.

I would also do a IMU calibration and check the compass readings for higher interference

Have a look in the engines as you said the propellers were broken of some of the plastic tabs from the propeller mount might be in the engines. If you have compressed air or canned air, I would give the Mavic a bit of a spray with air to clear away any crash debris.

Check if there is any abnormal play in the legs, hopefully they are still rigid when opened and that there is no vertical movement.

Just to be sure, refresh the firmware and reset the AC to factory setting via the DJI Assistant 2 app on the PC, I would also re-link the RC to the AC

And if there was a lot of water, I'd let it dry out some more before flying again

Last edited:
The honest thing to do is to send it in to DJI to have them check it out. The crash was due to operator error, so it would not be covered by warranty unless DJI decided to be generous and repair it for free or send you a new drone, even though they are not required to do so.

I never ignore problems such as a gimbal error, or moisture inside the drone. Even if the gimbal looks like it is working, it wasnt working yesterday, and one of the motors could short out, feed back electrical current and/or heat to the gimbal PCB, cause an electrical short and possibly damage the core board, and that could possibly cause a crash or flyaway.

The honest thing to do is to send it in to DJI to have them check it out. The crash was due to operator error, so it would not be covered by warranty unless DJI decided to be generous and repair it for free or send you a new drone, even though they are not required to do so.

I never ignore problems such as a gimbal error, or moisture inside the drone. Even if the gimbal looks like it is working, it wasnt working yesterday, and one of the motors could short out, feed back electrical current and/or heat to the gimbal PCB, cause an electrical short and possibly damage the core board, and that could possibly cause a crash or flyaway.
It's probably the the most honest thing to do, but what ever they say about my drone I'm not obligated to pay for the repair of I don't want to ? They told me they will only send me a bill that I can accept or denie but is this true ? Because if so, I better send it to them and of it costs too much to repair I won't pay and they will send me it back ?

No, I would not send it in until there is a problem, since it is the gimbal all that can happen is that the camera will not work, it won't make the AC fly away or crash, so it's not a big problem

I would do a full camera calibration to make sure everything is back to normal, might have just been a problem with the water you mentioned from the crash.

I would also do a IMU calibration and check the compass readings for higher interference

Have a look in the engines as you said the propellers were broken of some of the plastic tabs from the propeller mount might be in the engines. If you have compressed air or canned air, I would give the Mavic a bit of a spray with air to clear away any crash debris.

Check if there is any abnormal play in the legs, hopefully they are still rigid when opened and that there is no vertical movement.

Just to be sure, refresh the firmware and reset the AC to factory setting via the DJI Assistant 2 app on the PC, I would also re-link the RC to the AC

And if there was a lot of water, I'd let it dry out some more before flying again
I will do everything you said, but it seems that I'm very lucky because nothing got broken, motors are clean and work perfectly and the arms aren't even damaged a bit!

It's probably the the most honest thing to do, but what ever they say about my drone I'm not obligated to pay for the repair of I don't want to ? They told me they will only send me a bill that I can accept or denie but is this true ? Because if so, I better send it to them and of it costs too much to repair I won't pay and they will send me it back ?

The issue for me with sending for repair, is that they open the Mavic up to see if their is anything wrong, then they put it back together again if you don't want to repair anything, the question is that in putting it back together does DJI ensure it is working to the same level you sent it into them, maybe not.

I've seen some cases where the drone was returned partially re-assembled when the over did not want the repair done.

Yes, if you decline their repair estimate price, they will send it back to you.

OP what country are you in? There are other repair facilities worldwide if it's not going to be a warranty repair.

I turned it on today, everything looked fine until I realized the camera was not straight and it went wild like that :
What am I supposed to do?
Looks like the gimbal rubber supports are either broken or stretched due to your crash. I had to have mine replaced, it was flopping crazy the same way, much too loose and unstable. They put the replacement gimbal support bands in, now it is nice and firm and does not shake and slam around, good and stable. That is probably what you need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada