DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Signal - Fell in 2 feet of water

Perpetual

Reactions
Does DJI do repairs for water damage drones?

I was using the Litchi App with a premade waypoint.

I set it off and the first go around was perfect but I wanted to switch filters for better footage. Second time around for the course It lost signal on Waypoint 6 about .8 miles away from me.

After the last update my setting were reset to default and lost signal was switched from RTH to Hover. I don't know why it was..

I was praying it feel in this person lawn but sadly it missed the grass and fell into a couple feet of salt water. The battery was fried but thankfully no physical damage done to the drone or camera.

So again will DJI be able to do internal repairs or do I need to purchase a new one?

It's upsetting because I've been so safe and haven't had any issues for the three months I've had it.

Its worth a try to send it in to DJI, they can either fix it or offer you a refurbed bird. You will have to wait for around 4-6 weeks to get it back if they repair it, shorter if they offer you a refurb.

Within a week or two after you send it in, they will email you an estimate of repairs. Your controller survived, so Im guessing they will charge you between $350 - $450 for the repair, or they might just give you a refurbed bird to speed things up for that price. If youre lucky they will include a new battery. The problem is going to be the corrosion caused by the salt water.

Did you have Refresh or any other drone insurance?

Reactions: Rbruz
Its worth a try to send it in to DJI, they can either fix it or offer you a refurbed bird. You will have to wait for around 4-6 weeks to get it back if they repair it, shorter if they offer you a refurb.

Within a week or two after you send it in, they will email you an estimate of repairs. Your controller survived, so Im guessing they will charge you between $350 - $450 for the repair, or they might just give you a refurbed bird to speed things up for that price. If youre lucky they will include a new battery. The problem is going to be the corrosion caused by the salt water.

Hope ya rinsed it with fresh water at least ?

Thank you for the information. I don't have any drinks insurance or the Refresh, after this incident I'll getting some type of insurance. I'll post a picture of the battery slot tomorrow. I have two more batteries so losing one isn't a big deal. I wouldn't mind buying a new Mavic without a battery even. To repair it at at a couple hundred wouldn't be bad either.

I cleaned it off the best I could and stuck in a bag of rice for about two days.

Yeah next time for anyone else you must rinse with freshwater !!! After rinse try blowing with air hot or cold then rice trick.

Rice pull the moisture but not the salt, salt is what will corrode mostly. Why we flush boat motors after pulling from any ocean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard