DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of parts replaced... still no image

Mavic_Ridge

Reactions
Bit of a long story but I figured Id explain the problem, how I got here and what I've tried so I don't waste anyone's time..

Crash from a great height a few months ago... replaced the following
1. Both arms on the right side (front and back)
2. Gimbal shock plate

Afterwards I occasionally got the gimbal overload error but tilting the Mavic to the right 90 degrees during start up worked every time. Then one day about 2 weeks ago the camera feed went completely black mid flight while the camera was pointing straight down.... the image never came back. The image transmission report on the controller shows a good strong signal. I changed the Image transmission cable (Silver spaghetti) AND the ribbon cable for good measure... still nothing EXCEPT once. One time, out of about 50 attempts the drone booted up with perfect video. I was indoors at the time trouble shooting so I shut it down and was never able to get it to work again.

Also I have upgraded, downgraded and side graded the firmware of both the mavic and the RC. I have relinked the RC and I have tried a different cable to my iphone, tried a different iphone alltogether, uninstalled and reinstalled DJIGO 4 and tried using the port on the bottom of the RC... nothing.

I really feel I have tried everuthing.... but the fact that it worked once...just once...keeps me trying.

Thoughts?

Bit of a long story but I figured Id explain the problem, how I got here and what I've tried so I don't waste anyone's time..

Crash from a great height a few months ago... replaced the following
1. Both arms on the right side (front and back)
2. Gimbal shock plate

Afterwards I occasionally got the gimbal overload error but tilting the Mavic to the right 90 degrees during start up worked every time. Then one day about 2 weeks ago the camera feed went completely black mid flight while the camera was pointing straight down.... the image never came back. The image transmission report on the controller shows a good strong signal. I changed the Image transmission cable (Silver spaghetti) AND the ribbon cable for good measure... still nothing EXCEPT once. One time, out of about 50 attempts the drone booted up with perfect video. I was indoors at the time trouble shooting so I shut it down and was never able to get it to work again.

Also I have upgraded, downgraded and side graded the firmware of both the mavic and the RC. I have relinked the RC and I have tried a different cable to my iphone, tried a different iphone alltogether, uninstalled and reinstalled DJIGO 4 and tried using the port on the bottom of the RC... nothing.

I really feel I have tried everuthing.... but the fact that it worked once...just once...keeps me trying.

Thoughts?
Well, I would say back track your work on repairs to your gimbal.
Seems like the video cable (Spaghetti Cable) might be the possible issue.
@Thunderdrones might be able to give you some more insight.

Reactions: Former Member
Well, I would say back track your work on repairs to your gimbal.
Seems like the video cable (Spaghetti Cable) might be the possible issue.
@Thunderdrones might be able to give you some more insight.

This is good advice. For video diagnostics, I dont waste my time on the black ribbon cable, thats not the problem. If I dont have video feed, I start from square 1 if my gimbal is already stripped down. I connect the camera barrel to the LVDS cable and that to the gimbal PCB. Connect the 2 ribbons and b/w power lead and see if you get video. Dont bother connecting anything else until you get video feed.

Video diagnostics square 1.jpg

Reactions: Drone Master
Ok Thanks guys... Im going to try all this over the weekend. Because it worked briefly I seems to make be believe its just a loose connection..... fingers crossed!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada