DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love the MPP...Where's the Quiz? LOL

vkm083185

Reactions
So, I just had my first MPP flight of about 10 minutes or so. It was windy, but the MPP took it "on the chin" and kept right on flying, lol. I am quite impressed with the noise reduction. As a Certified Texas Home Inspector (oh, and FAA, Part-107 as well), I use my drones on occasion to inspect the roof of, say, a two story house. I often get a lot of "lookers" while I do so because of the drone sound attracting neighbors, etc. However, the MPP seems a LOT quieter than my Inspire 1, or the Phantom 4.

Camera is fair, but could be better. However, it will work just fine for my purposes. DEFINITELY need some good ND filters for the cam though. They r on order now...

As a side note, the imbecilic DJI Quiz popped up. Tried to take it, but nothing but a blank page. Maybe I need WIFI to take it? Other than the absent quiz, just another happy MPP owner so far. Y'all have a great day.

Thats great to hear. I just recently started using active track in a somewhat unconventional way just to experiment. When most people think of the Active Track Intelligent flight mode the first thought that comes to mind is - "I am going to track a moving subject" Active track can be super useful to track stationary objects like a roof or a home and allow the camera's gimbal to tilt smoothly without having to manually fly the Mavic as well as try and fluidly move the camera angle.

The Mavic can track stationary objects pretty darn well and get much smoother camera movements then most can using stick flying.
Check out this YouTube Video to learn the process and have fun. Oh, if you ever get in a situation with really high winds and the Mavic appears to not be making any forward progress back towards you. Flip the Sport Mode switch on the right side of the Remote Controller and then drop some altitude. The Mavic will fly faster and with a more aggressive pitch so that it can slice into the wind. Also best to always fly away from you into the wind and upon return "ride" the wind back.

Thanks. I actually used active track to take some real estate photo of my own property today as a test. It worked very well! Great post, I didn’t know about the YouTube. I will watch it. I had some focus issues at first, but I believe I have that solved. My exposure was a little off, but I also think I can fix that in post. I use the Adobe suite. Thanks again for the post. Glad to know of any new tricks and tips.

The mode is gravely overlooked in my opinion.
It takes some of the pressure off with trying to always use the sticks to keep the item that is the focal point in view and doing it smoothly. One less thing to be concerned with. Add it to your arsenal of techniques.

The mode is gravely overlooked in my opinion.
It takes some of the pressure off with trying to always use the sticks to keep the item that is the focal point in view and doing it smoothly. One less thing to be concerned with. Add it to your arsenal of techniques.
I think so too. Sometimes it loses lock if you are trying some cute stuff while flying, but i got several clips that look similar to cable cam shots, as well as a nice approach shot and fadeaway shot. So I'm happy with the performance so far. REALLY like the quieter props!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_