abelisle

Reactions
1) It's so easy to fly anywhere - no constraints
2) Great for cinematic dolly/tracking shots both outdoors and indoors
3) Family members can get involved using the group selfie mode
4) No worries about wi-fi reception
5) Has built in distance and height limitations for safety
6) No need for controller nor phone

Gesture mode is a lot of fun, but to be honest, it always makes me a bit nervous since I'm not directly controlling the drone's movements with the sticks. In the manual, DJI recommends only using that mode with the prop guards for safety. I would recommend at least having the controller nearby and connected in case you need to take immediate control.

I am ashamed to say I have never tried this feature and I have had my MA for 10 months! May be I should.

Have to give it a try. I use it from time to time on my Spark ..I keep meaning to write down the signal's..I forget them and then I'm standing there waiting for my drone to come down close enough to grab it...my bad.

Gesture mode is a lot of fun, but to be honest, it always makes me a bit nervous since I'm not directly controlling the drone's movements with the sticks. In the manual, DJI recommends only using that mode with the prop guards for safety. I would recommend at least having the controller nearby and connected in case you need to take immediate control.
There are built-in firmware limitations on height and distance proximity to the pilot. If the battery runs out, it will land and be no further than 7 meters (22 ft.) from you.

There are built-in firmware limitations on height and distance proximity to the pilot. If the battery runs out, it will land and be no further than 7 meters (22 ft.) from you.

I'm more concerned about it flying sideways into a tree, etc. (since there are no side sensors on the Mavic Air). If you have a wide-open field to play with then it should be fairly safe I suppose.

I made this video from a 12 minute long footage of the MA following me on a late morning, lazy bike ride. It was my third test of this feature and the MA does quite well on a straight road with me going very slow; didn't lose me even once during the entire time. It was a quiet road but there were a few people around (I have cut out the footage where they were close to the camera). The footage was recorded at 1080p, 60 fps and I slowed it down to 30fps in post for no other reason than I like slow motions :). Consequently, it is a rather long clip of a rather boring ride; so feel free to skip.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569