DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low budget phone to run DJI Go 4 App?

xagoras

Reactions
Today my Samsung S7 had a fall from around 4m up and landed face down. Completely damaging the glass and the display screen. From a quick search I found out that a replacement fix will cost around 140 euros, but I'll check on that tomorrow morning.

So I'm thinking that instead of going for the replacement to invest on a low budget phone that can run the DJI Go 4 app without issues, and wait for the Black Friday deals to get a proper phone.

So far the best I could find at my budget (below 200 euros) is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. Any suggestions?

I bought a used iPhone 5S for $70 Canadian and it works flawlessly. No SIM card, just the phone and the UAV apps.

So far the best I could find at my budget (below 200 euros) is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. Any suggestions?
My friend has been using it and I never hear him complain about it. We usually fly together.

I use a Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Very bright 6.4" screen and runs DJI Go4 as well as Litchi without any problem.
Now, I just received a Chuwi 8.4" Hi9 Pro X23 tablet. Cheap and runs both apps just fine. Only minus is the not so bright screen, so I made a sunhood and that does the job.

Reactions: Steve_UK_M4P
Hi
I have been using china phones for a long time. No problem at all.
My latest phone is ulefone power s3. only US$170, Android is 7.1
picture and video good.
Just check that Andriod should be above 5.1

Getting very good performance from a Huawei P10 ...

I use a Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Very bright 6.4" screen and runs DJI Go4 as well as Litchi without any problem.
Now, I just received a Chuwi 8.4" Hi9 Pro X23 tablet. Cheap and runs both apps just fine. Only minus is the not so bright screen, so I made a sunhood and that does the job.
I quite like the price of the Chuwi 8.4" Hi9 Pro. Were you able to install the DJI GO4 App directly from Google Play, or did you have to install from somewhere else using an apk file?

Using a Huawei Mate 10 Lite works perfectly. The 6 inch screen is bright and just the right size for Mavic Pro controller. In the past there were some Android 7 inch or 7.5 inch tablets from different chinese manufacturers but the specs were low or very low.... Now the smallest tablet you can find are 1 or 2 inches bigger so not a great fit.

I found a used Asus Google Nexus 7 on Craigslist for $25, that works flawlessly and is just about as big as you can get to fit the controller. I also built my own "ground station" which has an iPad Air 1st generation (Craigslist again, $60) which I have not had one issue with. I am hard on the equipment I take into the field, so I buy used, cheap & disposable tablets and always have a backup ready to go

I use a Moto G3 with no problems. Its waterproof, dust proof, dual sim and unlocked. Brand new was.like $170 in amazon 2 years ago. Now I doubt you can buy a new one but you should be able to find a cheap used one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc