DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low flying limiting

Ran Rettig

Reactions
Is there any way to limit to MINIMUM flinging altitude?
The purpose is to eliminate the possibility of the drone lowering over people by accident.

No. You'll have to control the altitude manually.

The purpose is to eliminate the possibility of the drone lowering over people by accident.
It would be easier (and safest) to not fly over people. Depending on which country you're flying in, that might even be illegal.

No. You'll have to control the altitude manually.

It would be easier (and safest) to not fly over people. Depending on which country you're flying in, that might even be illegal.
Let say you have this lower limit setting, what would happen if you wanted to land?

I agree with you. There should be a way to set a gps “floor” to avoid crashing into the ground and into water (like I have done). Then be able to cancel when ready to land. In fact there should be a way to set up a complete 3D gps zone that would allow you to set up gps boundaries in all dimensions.

Reactions: conchman
I agree with you. There should be a way to set a gps “floor” to avoid crashing into the ground and into water (like I have done). Then be able to cancel when ready to land. In fact there should be a way to set up a complete 3D gps zone that would allow you to set up gps boundaries in all dimensions.

Minimum height isnt a bad idea. It wouldnt be GPS based though as GPS altitude is hugely inaccurate. It'd have to use barometric unless you want 60ft+ random variations in your altitude floor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom