DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LTE 128 Gig iPad Mini 4 on Woot for $299 Today (4/12/2019)

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
Hi all, if you're looking for a tablet that fits in the Mavic's controller without an adapter, the iPad Mini 4 is a solid choice. This is also the LTE model that has a GPS receiver inside even if you don't activate cellular data service. It meets system requirements for DJI Go4. They're $299 on daily deals site Woot today (4/12/2019) only. The site says they're in refurbished condition but doesn't specify if they were refurbished by Apple or a third party. Not a bad deal though. Here's the link:

Apple iPad Mini 4 7.9" 128GB 4G LTE Tablet - $299.99 - Free shipping for Prime members

Just noticed it has the A8 chip rather than the new A12. Will it work with the Mavic 2 do you think?

For sure. The A8 is a 64 bit chip and will be supported by Apple and DJI for years to come. Apple only recently cut off the Mini 2s from updates because they're not making 32 bit versions of iOS anymore. Mini 4s make a great compliment to the Mavic 2.

Reactions: cochitiman
No problem using it with the Mav2, unless there's issues with it device itself. I been using my iPad mini 4 with the Mav2 zoom. No issues to report.

Question, can the GPS still be used without getting a cellular service?

My wife has an Ipad pro wifi that of course has no gps. I have the same Ipad but with cellular but I don't have cellular service. The gps does work with that. I fly an Anafi sometimes and there is no gps on their controller so gps was a must have for me to fly the Anafi. Now, I have flown my m2 zoom with the wifi only ipad, no problems. Seems like I heard that for some intelligent flight mode, like follow me or something, u need a gps device but I never need it. Sorry for all the poor wording here.

I have always been using a tripod or something to fly with the 10.5 ipad because the controller is just so unbalanced with it, using an adapter of some sort. I am hoping the mini 4 will be more balanced and yet be large enough to actually see good. Also to go hiking it will simplify not carrying a tripod along and be lighter and hopefully fit in my case or backpack, which the 10.5 doesn't. I am hoping the brightness of the mini 4 will be enough for me.

Night and Day.....the mini will work out.. it does for many fliers....

Sold Out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki