DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 owners, time to check your warranty!

Former Member

Reactions
Warning: If you bought a Mavic 2, you might be approaching the end of your warranty period. Standard warranty on many parts is 6 months, so if your gimbal is squeaky, motors surge, or your M2 is simply not flying right, and you think its a manufacturers defect, now's the time to send it in to DJI while the issues might be addressed for free!

Heres the standard M2 warranty:

M2 warranty.png

Great advice as always!

If you never had refresh and your drone works perfectly could you add refresh at the five month mark from purchase and get one year of warranty from that time?

You can get the DJI refresh care just about anytime as long as you send your drone in and have it inspected by them.

Great advice as always!

If you never had refresh and your drone works perfectly could you add refresh at the five month mark from purchase and get one year of warranty from that time?
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression DJI’s Care Refresh Program could only be purchased immediately after purchasing the drone. Very time sensitive! I bought my MPP at Best Buy. It was the Fly More package and came in the original box. It took a week before I finally had the time to open the box. I was not aware of DJI’s Refresh Care program until I started to review the paperwork that came with the drone. I thought it would be a great idea to purchase the Care Refresh Insurance Program. When I went online to do this, I was shut down because the drone was purchased several days prior. I contacted DJI to consider my situation. After a couple of days going back and forth, I was allowed to purchase the Refresh Care insurance program.

Buying a DJI Care Refresh plan won't extend the DJI warranty, but it will allow for your drone to be replaced if you somehow damage it. Since your Mavic has been activated for more than 48 hours, you’ll need to submit a video to DJI to show your drone is in working order before DJI will allow you to buy a DJI Care Refresh policy.

Here are the steps you'll need to follow to buy DJI Care Refresh:

1) Create a video like this to show your drone is in working order (or follow these steps). It’ll be easiest to record this video if someone else is able to operate the camera while you go through the required steps. If you must record the video yourself, set your camera/phone on a tripod so you’re able to keep it steady and pointed in the required direction while you’re performing any steps where you’re not able to hold the camera.

2) Create an account at YouTube and upload your video. It’s okay to upload it as a private video.

3) Go here, tick the “I have read the DJI instructions…” box, click the “Submit” button, and complete the form to submit your video to DJI.

4) Wait for DJI to email you with the results of your video verification

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu