DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P cannot focus

MPSKY

Reactions
I had been very happy flying my M2P with crystal sky ,then made the mistake of buying a smart controller.I have lost all ability to be able to focus the camera since using sc. I tried today with cs and org. controller and still no luck.Picture is so bad i won't even fly it . So I'm' here for some help and or advice .

No it worked fine with the cs,then switched to sc was the start of the problem,so not working at all with sc, now won't work when I switched back to cs.

The focusing is handled by the AC firmware. All the app/RC/SC can do is tell the AC to turn on/off AFC, send manual AF, or manual linear adjust of focus.

If you half press the shutter button on the SC (I assume it has this feature), it should focus. You can turn off AF, in which you then should see a focus slider on the screen.

I had been very happy flying my M2P with crystal sky ,then made the mistake of buying a smart controller.I have lost all ability to be able to focus the camera since using sc. I tried today with cs and org. controller and still no luck.Picture is so bad i won't even fly it . So I'm' here for some help and or advice .
When you say you can't focus what exactly are you doing on the SC to attempt focus? Or are you saying it will not auto focus?

The photo and video are always blurry ,out of focus no matter what settings I use. I'm afraid it's the camera it self.

The photo and video are always blurry ,out of focus no matter what settings I use.
Like when using your phone the SC allows you to tap the subject you want to focus on. Not sure about out of focus photos but I once made the mistake of turning on my video recording before taking off causing the auto focus to focus on objects near the lens resulting in out of focus video for the entire flight.

Try the AFC mode (Auto Focus Continuous). If that doesn’t work you may have a bad camera.

Like when using your phone the SC allows you to tap the subject you want to focus on. Not sure about out of focus photos but I once made the mistake of turning on my video recording before taking off causing the auto focus to focus on objects near the lens resulting in out of focus video for the entire flight.

Yes I have done that before also.

Can you take some pictures of the main Screen on the SC? You should have the same AF/MF switch towards the upper right on the main screen of DJIGO4. If you have AF selected, by clicking on it, then you tap on the screen where you want to focus, you should get the same behavior as the Crystalsky. Both devices handle the AF?MF switch the same way. If the CS is working and the SC is not that is strange and you may need to look at firmware on the M2 Pro?, make sure it's current, possibly reset the camera in DJGO4 while in the SC, and I would try turning AFC off, this will force you to either use AF or MF.

I always take off in AF, hit a distant subject, let the camera lock focus and then switch back to MF.

You might also try turning focus peaking on while in the SC, and use AF to set focus, then switch back to MF and see where the peaking shows up.

If the view is blurred on the SC, and you have done all the above, might be time to reach out to DJI support as the image on the Screen of the SC when in focus should be as sharp as on the CS or possibly a bit sharper. I have both, and quit using the CS once I purchased the SC.

Paul C

Can you take some pictures of the main Screen on the SC? You should have the same AF/MF switch towards the upper right on the main screen of DJIGO4. If you have AF selected, by clicking on it, then you tap on the screen where you want to focus, you should get the same behavior as the Crystalsky. Both devices handle the AF?MF switch the same way. If the CS is working and the SC is not that is strange and you may need to look at firmware on the M2 Pro?, make sure it's current, possibly reset the camera in DJGO4 while in the SC, and I would try turning AFC off, this will force you to either use AF or MF.

I always take off in AF, hit a distant subject, let the camera lock focus and then switch back to MF.

You might also try turning focus peaking on while in the SC, and use AF to set focus, then switch back to MF and see where the peaking shows up.

If the view is blurred on the SC, and you have done all the above, might be time to reach out to DJI support as the image on the Screen of the SC when in focus should be as sharp as on the CS or possibly a bit sharper. I have both, and quit using the CS once I purchased the SC.

Paul C

Ok Thanks Paul, I will get out tomorrow depending on the weather and give it a try, also I may just do a reset on everything again and see what happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13