DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Inexplicably Crashed Into The Pacific

I have been flying DJI Drones for six years now and the Mavic 2 Pro is the only one that inexplicably crashes like this. Mine has done it four times now. Once in a lake - new camera, Once on a lawn - no damage, once on concrete from about 10 feet - minor damage, last time it crashed from hover above me about 10' hitting me in the head and breaking my iPhone - painful but no damage to the drone. I don't care what the logs show, the Mavic 2 pro is unstable and subject to random crash!
I'd stop flying the Mavic2P if I were you.

I recently discovered the Mavic 2 has water detection:

TRdFuPe.jpg

I recently discovered the Mavic 2 has water detection:

TRdFuPe.jpg
Gotta love it. Just another typical flight for lolo780...0% battery coming home! At least you were only 8 meters from the home point. Did it make it lol?

BTW thanks for your comments, but I think many of us should consider that there are many sources of

on two of my M2P crashes (lawn and lake) the M2P flipped upside down (pointing toward me hover about 8' high and flipped clockwise) and crashed that way. Scared my cat half to death on the lawn. I don't know any control inputs that will make it flip. I agree the logs show something, but I think they could easily show incorrect info. It isn't what I think happened or what the logs show, it's what did happen that matters. I really think this forum would be more productive if what the pilot says was taken more seriously.

Logs aren't going to show the incorrect info... THEY ARE LOGS FOR A REASON. Dude I tune cars using logs, the logs aren't going to lie. And your last statement is completely insane. It's the same argument as saying, "Well I don't think I stole anything from the store, even though the video LOGS show me taking it". SMH, get a grip bud.

I do believe the logs are accurate information and I do trust the log interpretations from sar107 and Meta4.........thank you guys for all you do. I do have a question though. Is it possible that a defective RC might transmit a stick movement to an aircraft that was not imputed by the pilot, and if so could this be determined in the logs?

"the M2P flipped upside down (pointing toward me hover about 8' high "

Is this even possible?

I do believe the logs are accurate information and I do trust the log interpretations from sar107 and Meta4.........thank you guys for all you do. I do have a question though. Is it possible that a defective RC might transmit a stick movement to an aircraft that was not imputed by the pilot, and if so could this be determined in the logs?

The stick data are a record of what is received by the aircraft, so if the RC transmitted a spurious signal then it would be logged, and appear real. The RC detects stick movement via Hall Effect sensors, so stray magnetic fields might be interpreted as stick movement. I think I've seen one incident where that was a possible explanation.

The stick data are a record of what is received by the aircraft, so if the RC transmitted a spurious signal then it would be logged, and appear real. The RC detects stick movement via Hall Effect sensors, so stray magnetic fields might be interpreted as stick movement. I think I've seen one incident where that was a possible explanation.

Thank you for the reply and explanation.

He's obviously not saying it hovered inverted, but that it flipped while being in a nose in hover.
It is not clear but even in a nosedive I don't see how it could hover. Obvious case of being possessed.

Is it possible that your drone got shot down by authorities. You know they carry those EM guns for these purposes these days.

Is it possible that your drone got shot down by authorities. You know they carry those EM guns for these purposes these days.

Please read the entire thread.......it does help. The cause has been determined.

Reactions: Joebie
I realize that but I believe timlyg was referring to the op.

I realize that but I believe timlyg was referring to the op.
I'm beginning to wonder about EM jamming guns after reading so many posts about out of controlled drones. I guess I'll make a new post to learn more about this later.

I'm beginning to wonder about EM jamming guns after reading so many posts about out of controlled drones. I guess I'll make a new post to learn more about this later.

Some yachts have things like this - but usually only the megayachts from what I understand. Owners don't want people checking them out. There is more than one type of jamming/takeover system available but I can't imagine they are too common - who knows!

Is it possible that a defective RC might transmit a stick movement to an aircraft that was not imputed by the pilot, and if so could this be determined in the logs?
In the incident that started this thread, the recorded joystick inputs match the data the sensors recorded.
Left stick up, altitude goes up, left stick left, drone rotates anticlockwise etc.

I have seen one case where part way through a flight a Phantom's controller stuck and pushed the drone up and up and up to the 1640 ft hard limit.
No amount of left stick movement would stop it.
The logs showed full left stick all the way but it was obvious that wasn't what the operator was doing.

If there are any, they are extremely rare (they are illegal too).
But in the hypothetical case of one being used, all it would do is to swamp the control signal which would trigger RTH.
The original incident in this thread was definitely fully controlled for the entire flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d