DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P - It is truly the "big picture"

Roamer105

Reactions
After all the controversy (re: Cliff's post) one truly appreciates the amazing picture quality the M2P offers. I am talking PICTURE QUALITY not pixel peeking (actually we could have another discussion about this because you can proof anything you want - unscientifically). If - you like the P4P footage - no problem, go buy it and frustrate yourself over an outdated not very portable drone platform. I for one appreciate the true quality of the M2P footage - let alone stills. It is in a class of itself! I go back to some previous posts/replies of mine where I suggested that we "droners" (me included) had been sort-of brain-washed (actually conditioned) to view over-sharpened, contrasty footage with marginal colors. I stand by that. I have been able to take and produce some absolutely amazing footage with the M2P.. It is the most amazing drone in every aspect - so far!

Well said. Couldn’t agree more.
Now prepare yourself for the avalanche of “expert opinions “. Good Luck Mr.

After all the controversy (re: Cliff's post) one truly appreciates the amazing picture quality the M2P offers. I am talking PICTURE QUALITY not pixel peeking (actually we could have another discussion about this because you can proof anything you want - unscientifically). If - you like the P4P footage - no problem, go buy it and frustrate yourself over an outdated not very portable drone platform. I for one appreciate the true quality of the M2P footage - let alone stills. It is in a class of itself! I go back to some previous posts/replies of mine where I suggested that we "droners" (me included) had been sort-of brain-washed (actually conditioned) to view over-sharpened, contrasty footage with marginal colors. I stand by that. I have been able to take and produce some absolutely amazing footage with the M2P.. It is the most amazing drone in every aspect - so far!

I've been a keen photographer for 60 years and 20 of those years as a full time pro in my own commercial studio. I laugh when I see images of 100% crops of deep shadow that's been recovered. Complaining about noise etc.
The M2P is a compromise on all levels but the image quality for me, combined with the convenience, is fabulous and for me a no-brainer.

It's been a while... here is a bit more detailed as to my thinking along the "big picture":

Roamer: First, thank you for taking the considerable time and effort to generate that PDF. Secondly, we now have another "look" at the M2P's camera thanks to your hard work and it's obvious to me anyway that you've nailed the differences. My own amateur eyes think both the stills and video from the camera, when set correctly, are as good or better than any existing prosumer drone camera and I for one couldn't be happier. Thanks again, amigo.

KB

It's been a while... here is a bit more detailed as to my thinking along the "big picture":

Interesting results - thanks for doing that. I think that those are mostly consistent with the simple resolution tests but, obviously, also illustrate other strengths of the M2P camera and processing.

I’ve been an avid photographer for decades, and own and use some amazing full frame dslrs. IMHO, the Mavic 2 pro is phenomenal.

Yes it is not perfect, not “as good” as xxxx, but xxxx doesn’t fly with unlimited composition capability.

For a measly 1500 dollars, nothing touches the awesomeness of this drone. The portability and convenience is just a bonus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan