DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Performance Charts?

ajkm

Reactions
(Cross-posting)
For a Transport Canada SFOC I’m preparing a site survey using Mavic 2 Pro. As indicated in the TC guidance a map is required that shows line distances to nearest airports/helipads/aerodromes etc.

I’d also like to include distance rings around the site that show distance endurance for 75/50/25% battery in the case of a lateral fly away. Also a chart that shows altitude for the same battery settings for a vertical fly away.

Are there any known stats other than DJI’s specs? I know that the “official” vertical speed is 4m/s so I guess I could do some kind of calculation based on that x battery % and start with a conservative full battery time of, say, 26 minutes. I would, however, hope that someone somewhere might have done these kinds of calculations already...

I realize that wind is a relevant factor but I think it’s useful to have, at a glance, some idea of where the drone could end up in fly away situations depending on how much power was left at the point of loss of control.

Has anyone come across anything like this yet? (Or know any shortcuts!)

[I’m going to use the DJI specs as being worst case scenarios (in terms of impact of any fly away).]

You could start with the specs and do some simple calculations based on their specs as worse case. You would have to take the wind vector into account in any flyaway reporting. However, you could simple do a number of flight tests yourself, upload the log file and then exam the data in excel to plot out performance info. This last empirical approach would over time reflect changes from the idea specs and give you a "better" perspective of the specific performance of your machine. I would suspect though, that unless there was something really different in the machine, they would likely match pretty close to the published specs.

Thanks, yes. I was hoping someone else might already have done this from the DJI specs. All aircraft POH info contains charts like this so I think it might help the perception of drones as serious aircraft if we had these for our quads, hexes etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002