Join Us Now

M2P Precision Landing is gone?

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
As you guys probably know I just got my M2P yesterday. Today I was trying to land my drone in the landing pad by RTH and is landing very off the home point.
I search online and there was a precision landing option but I can not see this option in my app. I am using a landing pad, daylight with all the requirements for precision landing.
Does DJI remove this option in the M2P?

Thank you very much. I should search before asking the question. Thank you again.

Reactions: dirkclod
RTH precision landing performed by my M2P. The take off point was the corner of the white markings . Note how the drone made the last-minute correction as it approched the ground :

Reactions: zeusfl
As you guys probably know I just got my M2P yesterday. Today I was trying to land my drone in the landing pad by RTH and is landing very off the home point.
I search online and there was a precision landing option but I can not see this option in my app. I am using a landing pad, daylight with all the requirements for precision landing.
Does DJI remove this option in the M2P?
I have had my M2p, since release. and it is on point when it comes to landing.

So far I have about 20 flights in my M2P. I can safely say my Mavic Mini is a more precise landing than the M2P. The M2P miss for up to 6 feet on distance from the landing spot and i am using a landing pad. The mini miss for up to 2 feet.

I know this is impressive from the mini but is a newer drone. There is a lot of room to improve.

My M2p lands on point everytime. Is your bird up to date as I thought there was a go 4 update that resolved this issue a while back.

Reactions: Mavic 57
My M2p lands on point everytime. Is your bird up to date as I thought there was a go 4 update that resolved this issue a while back.
I got it brand new 2 days ago. Fully updated before fly. I will reload the firmware with the DJI Assistance 2 and try again.

you need to take off and hover in place 3-4 feet off the ground for a short time before you start flying. it needs time to picture the ground under it

Reactions: Mavco
Sorry for my ignorance, does the M2P take the picture with the main camera or the camera sensors? Do i need to point the camera down?

Sorry for my ignorance, does the M2P take the picture with the main camera or the camera sensors? Do i need to point the camera down?
Not the main camera one from the bottom.

It works !!!!!!! the trick is as soon as I took off accent 14-18 feet and hover there 10 seconds. Now works every time if I do that.
Thank everybody for your help.

Just click auto takeoff .. let it got up and hover for 5s to record its takeoff point.
Whenever I start my M2P (smart controller) I do not see an auto-takeoff button. Instead, there is an autolanding button. (I know, doesn’t make sense.) I don’t remember if it started out this way, but it’s been this way for at least 8 months.

i start with CSC. Is that the problem? Is the auto takeoff there before that? I flew today and noticed the auto landing on startup but didn’t look at it before the CSC.

Just click auto takeoff .. let it got up and hover for 5s to record its takeoff point.
I agree - that's what I do and never had a problem landing back to the same spot. Try it and see what happens. Happy Flying :)

I was just going to say it's all in the takeoff and yes using Auto takeoff letting it over for a couple of seconds at least there will lock-in location take its little picture and be able to bring it home pretty **** accurately

It works !!!!!!! the trick is as soon as I took off accent 14-18 feet and hover there 10 seconds. Now works every time if I do that.
Thank everybody for your help.
Actually the hovering is not necessary. What need be ensured is that you go straight up to over 7 m or about 25 feet before flying horizontally. You can go up as quickly as you like

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d