DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Repair Experts - Need your insight

Dakrisht

Reactions
Currently almost finished with a M2P repair. Both right-side arms replaced, front sensor casing, top casing, etc.

However, I am a bit stuck on the gimbal roll arm. I’ve attached some photos.

The right side of the gimbal roll arm has ~3mm of space to the camera. The strange thing here is that the roll arm has no signs of impact and the camera moves freely up and down the roll arm (stopping at the exact points as my other M2P).

The only thing I can think of is that the roll arm warped somehow but again, no signs of impact at all.

I could replace it, costs $40 for the roll arm part, but I’m curious if this is even necessary?

It’s also a bit tricky to remove the roll arm. Two plates cover left and right sides of the roll arm but I don’t think you can take off the camera this way (there’s a cable running through it).

Curious what you guys think?

Maybe even a clamp to squeeze the tolerance back to where it was? Maybe not worth it to mess with the gimbal at all...

C5343B39-27DD-4108-9EEA-E0326492E0A9.jpeg 8F5BE679-1A58-4C1C-80C4-F33F66A300D0.jpeg B8B14CBB-9FF0-4297-86C6-76028C02DE2D.jpeg

Currently almost finished with a M2P repair. Both right-side arms replaced, front sensor casing, top casing, etc.

However, I am a bit stuck on the gimbal roll arm. I’ve attached some photos.

The right side of the gimbal roll arm has ~3mm of space to the camera. The strange thing here is that the roll arm has no signs of impact and the camera moves freely up and down the roll arm (stopping at the exact points as my other M2P).

The only thing I can think of is that the roll arm warped somehow but again, no signs of impact at all.

I could replace it, costs $40 for the roll arm part, but I’m curious if this is even necessary?

It’s also a bit tricky to remove the roll arm. Two plates cover left and right sides of the roll arm but I don’t think you can take off the camera this way (there’s a cable running through it).

Curious what you guys think?

Maybe even a clamp to squeeze the tolerance back to where it was? Maybe not worth it to mess with the gimbal at all...

View attachment 82226 View attachment 82227 View attachment 82228
I’d replace it.

It looks like the Arms have opened up as the gap between them and the Camera is too large. You could try squeezing them in a bit but I would be inclined to replace it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998