DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Pro minimum video playback specs for PC

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
I’ve had issues with my PC not being able to properly playback M2Pro videos without some waviness and/or choppiness. It seems that I need to increase the power of my PC; this has been confirmed by DJI and also by some members in this forum.

Admittedly, I’m not very good with IT and I’m asking anyone to please offer advice in terms of what are the minimum specs required. The specs of my current PC (Windows 10) can be viewed in the attachment. Once I know the minimum specs I’ll either upgrade or replace my current PC.

If it matters, a friend of mine tested my PC using a 4gb graphic card but nothing changed; the waviness and choppiness were still there in playback.

Thanks for any suggestions and/or advice. If you need more info, please ask me.

Attachments

• WINDOWS 10 SPECS.JPG
    WINDOWS 10 SPECS.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
I have an HP desktop with an Intel 87 4790 CPU @3.6 GHz and 32 GB RAM and I have no problem with editing 4K video from a M2P using Adobe Premier Pro.
Looks like you need more RAM.

Hi My Friend. Its all about your computer's processor, I would say you need an i7 intel processor and then how much RAM (Random access memory you have ( you need at least 16 GB minimum) and then a quality Graphics card and now you are getting very close to enjoying quality video.

Thanks for your very helpful replies. Would the fact that I currently use Adobe Premiere Rush factor into any of this at all, or shouldn't it matter?

I get choppyness being playback related, but depending what was meant, waviness seems like a recording problem, such as prop shadow getting into the camera and captured with high speed shutter. Used to be called the jello effect, tending to be more common with Phantoms.

We weren't told what the video specs were.
4k? 2.7k? 1080p?
Fps?
Codec?
SD card speed? (U3?)

If you're recording 4K 30fps with the newer codec, you must use a U3 card or you'll get lost frames.
You probably can get away with a U1 card for lower resolutions.
Either way, system will warn you about a too slow card.

Assuming the recording is OK, the biggest bottleneck is often the video card GPU. I used to have playback hesitation about once a second even at 1080p 60fps until I replaced my card. Size of video card memory could be a factor, but it's speed would be more important. I assume it's in a PCI-E x16 slot. If not, that's another bottleneck.
An older I5 should be fine for 1080p.

Echoing DanMan, GPU is often more important than CPU these days for play back and for rendering out video. You'll need a relatively modern card from the last 3-4 years that has a h.265 accelerator/encoder. That often means a QuickSync (Intel) or any discrete GPU from AMD, the 5700 series has the edge over nVidia at this time especially if you're rendering out with the new RDNA arch.

Also type of drive is important, you really need a SSD if you're going to be playing 4k/h.265 encoded video to avoid any latency.

Thanks very much for your replies, it's very useful and helpful. Let me figure out what I need to do. Once again, very much appreciate the info....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf