DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3P direct to Lightroom

whazzup

Reactions
I understand how to get videos and images from the M3P to my iPhone with transfer mode. They automatically go to the Photos app. Is there a way to get them transferred to Lightroom Mobile instead? Thanks.

Are the image from the M3P the full res ones? I don't think there is a way to go directly to Lightroom other than plugging the card into the computer and uploading them. Of course if you get them into Photos you can export them but I thought transferring via wifi would transfer the low res version....but if you're getting full res then I'm wrong on that count.

Reactions: Rchawks
I understand how to get videos and images from the M3P to my iPhone with transfer mode. They automatically go to the Photos app. Is there a way to get them transferred to Lightroom Mobile instead? Thanks.
Not sure I can help on that, although I do use the basic footage editing in LR Classic on my Mac to do basic colour grading which is fine for me.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I actually have to remove the card and manually load the images If I want full-res. Thanks, all.

@hjones62 I wholeheartedly agree.

I found my workaround. LR mobile automatically imports new Photos photos. So when I transfer from drone, it gets imported to LR. To reduce duplicates, I’ll delete the originals in photos and send port back any real keepers I like.

Hope this helps others. Cheers.

Ive been plugging my M3 into my pc and downloading them into a desktop folder where I then import into Lightroom Classic on the pc That desktop folder contains ALL the m3's captures so I also use it to import the vids into Davinci Resolve 18. Once imported into lightroom I can then make sure its merged into the main pc lightroom folder and then delete the desktop folder.

If you're operating mainly on a phone with Lightroom cc, you'll be highly handicapped at what you can accomplish creatively speaking...

Reactions: Parallax
That would technically be correct vis-a-vis the RAW and JPG files. They transfer natively to Photos and to LR. I then do my adjustments and editing on LR on the Mac. The RAW files come over as .DNG. The movies come over as h.264/mp4 files. So I believe the transfer is faithful, which permits full creativity. The movies I can download and import into iMove. I tried Final Cut and found it to be too complex. Also downloaded DaVinci, which was worse for me given the time it would take to master.

Cheers & be well. Thanks for the feedback. Additional comments are welcome.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78