DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Compass Calibration - DJI Go 4 app vs Litchi app?

Andy England

Reactions
I’ve seen far too many posts regarding the frustration of wanting to fly but unable to, due to persistent compass calibration requests by the DGI Go 4 app.

I also have received this and it seems to coincide with traveling some distance from the previous location where a flight was successful.

I have tried the dance thing, watch thing, key thing etc etc without any success and the location can be ruled out - top of the Swartberg Pass, another time in the Cederberg Mountains, or on the beach near home. Yesterday I tried in Greyton (Overberg Mountains). No luck.

I had previously reloaded firmware (0.500) and updated the DGI Go 4 app ....

.... now in desperation I recalibrated using the Litchi app and hey presto, success first attempt!

So it begs the question, was this pure chance or is there a real problem with the DGI app?

If any of you have had a similar experience and managed to succeed with Litchi when all else failed I’d be interested to know.

BTW after successfully calibrating in Litchi then switching to DGI the compass calibration error did not appear and I was able to fly normally

Well that certainly is useful knowledge - yes I too have had compass instability problems with my MP1 / DGI Go4. Will now follow your advice and go get Litchi....

Last edited:
.... now in desperation I recalibrated using the Litchi app and hey presto, success first attempt!
So it begs the question, was this pure chance or is there a real problem with the DGI app?
Compass calibration is compass calibration whether you do it through one app or the other, it shouldn't make any difference.
Recalibrating the compass shouldn't make much difference to anything anyway, it doesn't "fix" anything and the compass doesn't lose its calibration.

Reactions: mereflyer
Compass calibration is compass calibration whether you do it through one app or the other, it shouldn't make any difference.
Recalibrating the compass shouldn't make much difference to anything anyway, it doesn't "fix" anything and the compass doesn't lose its calibration.
Just got back into home territory and once again cannot calibrate from a beach location. Didn't succeed with Litchi either, so beginning to think it's the MA. It shouldn't be this difficult. And of course another opportunity to fly from a perfect location is missed. Will now follow up with DJI

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e