DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA only flies 6 mph, Including in sports mode

Hedley

Reactions
Hi all. My MA has stopped flying above 6 mph whenever it has a GPS lock. In atti mode it is fine. I have calibrated compass, vision, IMU and controller, reinstalled firmware, factory reset, tried both iOS and Android, enabled intelligent flight modes, flown 15 miles away and it is not in beginner or tripod. Occasionally it says I am near a restricted zone ("Fawley Refinery") but I am not and Fawley Refinery is 80 miles away! Map looks good. Any ideas?

You may need to check in the Go4 app to see if your in beginner mode. I accidentally turned this setting on once and hade the same issue.
Hi all. My MA has stopped flying above 6 mph whenever it has a GPS lock. In atti mode it is fine. I have calibrated compass, vision, IMU and controller, reinstalled firmware, factory reset, tried both iOS and Android, enabled intelligent flight modes, flown 15 miles away and it is not in beginner or tripod. Occasionally it says I am near a restricted zone ("Fawley Refinery") but I am not and Fawley Refinery is 80 miles away! Map looks good. Any ideas?

You may need to check in the Go4 app to see if your in beginner mode. I accidentally turned this setting on once and hade the same issue.
Thanks, appreciate this. I have checked and no it isn't in beginner mode. Sigh.

The other thought I had just after posting about beginner mode is could your MA possibly be stuck in tripod mode? Maybe try a factory reset? Beast of luck figuring it out, that's got to be frustrating.
Thanks, appreciate this. I have checked and no it isn't in beginner mode. Sigh.

The other thought I had just after posting about beginner mode is could your MA possibly be stuck in tripod mode? Maybe try a factory reset? Beast of luck figuring it out, that's got to be frustrating.
Yes it acts just as if it is stuck in tripod mode. Tried a factory reset and reinstalled firmware, wondering whether maybe the solution is just to buy a MP2...

I've been looking for an excuse to purchase M2P myself. I have come across issues with my MA and I find that its something simple, and that I was over thinking the problem. Good luck.
Yes it acts just as if it is stuck in tripod mode. Tried a factory reset and reinstalled firmware, wondering whether maybe the solution is just to buy a MP2...

There were multiple reports on other forums as well with the exact symptoms you are describing.
It affects some (or all) DJI aircraft (Mavics, Inspire 2 and M200 series) in the greater area of the Fawley refinery. (by error some hundred square miles)
It seems that DJI had put up a restriction (after the drone incident end of Oct. 2019) in their GEO system, which results that DJI aircraft are only flying at a very slow speed.

Here a news article: 'Massive drone' sparks major security alert at refinery

Also make sure that sports mode is turn on on your RC. At least with my MP, I had to enable it before it would let me use the sports mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123