DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 batteries in hard case foam

Is it detrimental to self discharge in foam of hard case?

I’ve had mine in the Combo bag for well over a year and discharging many times without any issue. They don’t get hot. That said, it’s best not to contain them too much - foam is a good insulator and will reduce the ability of the battery to shed heat as efficiently.

The intelligent batteries contain a temperature sensor and I would expect the discharge to be temporarily halted if too much heat built up.

they discharge very slowly over 2 to 3 days,and only get slightly warm to the touch at the bottom

I would not worry about it. It discharges at a pretty low rate and the smart battery knows the temperature.

Reactions: Rchawks
After flight, I allow the batteries to cool before storing in case. I am not concerned once they are in case, slowly discharging. No issue, for me. But, you are wise to ask and be particular about battery care. They are expensive and attention and care can extend (not shorten) their life.

After flight, I allow the batteries to cool before storing in case. I am not concerned once they are in case, slowly discharging. No issue, for me. But, you are wise to ask and be particular about battery care. They are expensive and attention and care can extend (not shorten) their life.
Most drone batteries are superseded by a drone upgrade, requiring different batteries, long before any prospective, hypothetical, shortened battery life expectancy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78