DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3T external monitor advice please

jmeyer1198

Reactions
I’ve recently been doing a fair amount of night, flying, locating, lost pets, and such, and I would like to attach an external monitor, so that others can view a larger screen rather than hold around, looking over my shoulder while I fly. I’m thinking of something 12 to 14 inches attached to the HDMI. I was thinking about attaching it inside the hard case so that when I flip the cover up, I would have it mounted in the foam of the hard case. Also how to power it? Any suggestions would be appreciated

there are companies that make these cases ready made but the cost is unbelievably stupid. Take a hard case and the small monitor you wish to use and go to town. (foam cardboard whatever) lol. Drill some holes to run the wires out if you wanna get really fancy, A battey pack or two can be placed in the case. but it will work fine and the new monitor case, will give you some extra room for stuff.

Reactions: jmeyer1198
there are companies that make these cases ready made but the cost is unbelievably stupid. Take a hard case and the small monitor you wish to use and go to town. (foam cardboard whatever) lol. Drill some holes to run the wires out if you wanna get really fancy, A battey pack or two can be placed in the case. but it will work fine and the new monitor case, will give you some extra room for stuff.
Thank you….. I’m trying to figure out what screen to use for this and how to power it

A first person view monitor from a hobby store or shop would work. The one I have (which is really old) is powered by one of the USB type back up batteries.

I do this myself with my 3T, I just happen to have an extra 7" monitor that connects to the HDMI and runs off Sony Camcorder batteries. The monitor is new in the box. $80 with two batteries, cables and such.
Monitor.jpg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I do this myself with my 3T, I just happen to have an extra 7" monitor that connects to the HDMI and runs off Sony Camcorder batteries. The monitor is new in the box. $80 with two batteries, cables and such.
View attachment 165369
Thank you, but I think I’m looking for something larger probably around 12 inches that I can mount in the hard case so when I flip the lid, I’ll have the screen available for others to watch while I fly using the controller

We were doing that at AfrikaBurn in South Africa this year with the firefighter's M2T. Somehow, I suppose I should have asked, they seemed to be doing it wirelessly. The monitor they were using looked fairly expensive in the 10-14" range, but durable. I suppose that would be a requirement for a firefighter's kit, the durable part. Since a government entity bought it, that's why it was expensive. We also had absolutely no wireless, or even cell phone reception where we were, the Tankwa Karoo. So the wireless streaming becomes even more mysterious. I suppose it had to be some kind of peer to peer thing. I have looked about to see if I could source a monitor capable of such wizardly features, but none, except real high end professional movie production stuff. They cost more than the enterprise drone itself!

If you find something that does that, let me know.

Prime day rolled around and I bought this smallish video transmitter on a Prime Day deal, $49. It hooks up to the HDMI port of the RC Pro, and RC Pro Enterprise. It then transmits to your iPad and mirror your screen on the RC Pro on the iPad, in my case a 12.9" model. Your viewers are not tethered to your RC Pro, but you do have to have the dongle connected to it. It says it will do 10-20 meters. This allows you to fly and the observers to be some distance away or inside. Hooking it up was easy, except I didn't realize I needed a HDMI normal size to mini size converter, so I kludged up something from my many cables and adaptors. I have ordered a right angle Mini to normal HDMI adaptor. It also needs power if the HDMI does not supply it. So you can hook up the USB-C to the Adaptor, only draws a ¼ amp off the controller. I suppose I will use some velcro pads to affix it to the back of the RC-Pro. If you don't want to power from the USB-C of the controller, you can use any tiny power bank you may have lying about. It does work with Android as well as your iPhone. It will support two devices as well, viewing.

I seem always have the iPad With me, so not an addition to my bulging kit.
Hag2.jpg
hag3.jpghag4.jpghag5.jpg

I like your setup, would you share what additional equipment is needed other than the asus zenscreen to have this setup work in the field and a second monitor for others to view while flying? Thanks in advance.
this setup based on LifThor set https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-rc-pro-for-dji-rc-pro and https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/phone-or-small-tablet-clamp for holding monitor. Set placed on photo tripod (any type ot tripod of photo light holder can be used).

For second monitor any active HDMI-splitter can be used (second Asus ZenScreen could be connected this way). I use https://www.amazon.eg/-/en/Promate-Splitter-Adapter-Converter-MediaSplit-H2/dp/B0BMGJ1VV2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne