DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Batteries Warm & Discharging When Not In Use!

Nachi

Reactions
Hi everyone. My MA2 is 1month old with total of 32 short flights. The 3 batteries (FMC) have been charged 3 times each initially individually activated by direct charging then using the hub. I fly till the batteries reach about 40% let them cool down before charging. I charged them 2days ago & when I took them out today 2 of the batteries (No.2 & No.3) were warm & had discharged to 3 lights! Battery No.1 was slightly warm maybe due to close contact with No.2 but was fully charged. Any ideas why this is happening?
Regards
Nachi

Attachments

• A80BE97E-F0F7-489E-8504-878F7836F445.jpeg
    A80BE97E-F0F7-489E-8504-878F7836F445.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 1EA6E25D-CB82-40FB-9EEA-595408EE271D.jpeg
    1EA6E25D-CB82-40FB-9EEA-595408EE271D.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 16
Any ideas why this is happening?
Except for the Mini, DJI batteries automatically discharge but you can set the number of days before discharging starts in the GO 4 app for the other DJI drones.
It's normal for them to warm while discharging.
The manual is sketchy about auto-discharging the batteries for the Air 2 and gives little detail.
This is what you find on p25:
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process .

do Yourself a favour and read the manual - self discharge all detailed in there

DJI

Except for the Mini, DJI batteries automatically discharge but you can set the number of days before discharging starts in the GO 4 app for the other DJI drones.
It's normal for them to warm while discharging.
The manual is sketchy about auto-discharging the batteries for the Air 2 and gives little detail.
This is what you find on p25:
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process .
Tq so much for your info. I didn’t know DJI lipos self-discharge to protect itself unlike other lipos. I guess they are really “intelligent” My bad for not reading the manual.
Regards
Nachi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan