DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 FCC hack

RobotBee

Reactions
Does anyone know if it's possible to enable FCC mode in Europe on the MA2 with a fake GPS app, in the same way it was possible for the MA1?

Thanks

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable FCC mode in Europe on the MA2 with a fake GPS app, in the same way it was possible for the MA1?

Thanks

I'm also interested. I should get my MA2 next week (theoretically) here in SEA. I'm hoping for 5k with the occusync without having to hack it.

Time will tell....

More important question is why you don't think you can get 10K. :p

The area around where I live is extremely wifi infected. My experience here is pretty bad for distance with my MM. Even with the hack and using 5.8 on my FCC model I can only get +- 3km depending on the day. Hopefully with the Occusync that will improve greatly. Time will tell...

Last edited:
The area around where I live is extremely wifi infected. My experience here is pretty bad for distance with my MM. Even with the hack and using 5.8 on my FCC model I can only get +- 3k depending on the day. Hopefully with the Occusync that will improve greatly. Time will tell...

I'm sure Ocusync will provide great results. Even in contested areas, 6km is not unheard of.

That is the number one reason I’m looking forward to the MA2, Ocusync. I often only have a few minutes to fly so I would step out the back door and and launch the MA1. But I couldn’t really get that far before I started to sweat or lose signal. Or both.

That is the number one reason I’m looking forward to the MA2, Ocusync. I often only have a few minutes to fly so I would step out the back door and and launch the MA1. But I couldn’t really get that far before I started to sweat or lose signal. Or both.
This

FCC hack for Mavic Air with IOS has been tested working in Hong Kong.

The audio is Cantonese but what he’s saying is that a paid tweak app is available To enable it. I’m more confident that this is even easier in Android.

Reactions: gb160

Thanks
Hey. I used this on my old MA, but I thought, and we'll see as people use it, that maybe we don't need to use this hack with the new MA2 as the occusync transmission technology is more stable than extended WiFi at larger distances?

Thanks Ro

FCC hack for Mavic Air with IOS has been tested working in Hong Kong.

The audio is Cantonese but what he’s saying is that a paid tweak app is available To enable it. I’m more confident that this is even easier in Android.
Interesting.
I use iOS Jailbroken, I've just checked the DJIGo app with flex (an app patching utility) and there are quite. few configurable integers/booleans related to FCC or CE...I'd imagine the patch that this guy is using is just hooking some of these.

I dont think it will be hard to patch, but I cant really test anything until I have the MA2.
An English video would be very useful as well, but its reassuring to know its possible.

I suppose I can always try spoofing the GPS location if that fails.

Last edited:
Although cool, that's just a modified battery, with more 18650s in it I presume.
This guy is quite famous in south east Asia, he is a hacker that makes double or extended packs of battery for dji drones for sale. His name is Vincent Ng. He uses fresh, raw cell packs that are same as DJI source, and combines them in parallel for high cap. The battery board is also programmed with the correct capacity so it is intelligent in fuel gauge level. Usually around usd120 to 150 each. Based in Singapore.

Reactions: gb160
more like 400$ shipped, for the battery :)
Far too high a price for the privilege of flying your drone another 3km more than the regular limit of 7-8km with the stock battery....It'll come down soon. Mavic Pro 1, he is selling for 120, Mavic Pro 2 is for 150-170 which is always just a bit more than a stock, new OEM pack.

Reactions: rxlawdude and gb160

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic