DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ma2 pitch failure

arjuna44

Reactions
My MA2 pitch does not work in normal settings. In mode 2 the drone just hovers in place when I move the stick right or left. However, it does pitch in sports settings.is anybody experiencing the same problem?

With the latest update you have to turn on the pitch setting

I've only had an M2 for about a month. How does the pitch setting work? What it is all exactly. When I saw the title of the thread I thought "pitch" referred to the gimbal, but then quickly realized it was something else. What can you tell me?

I've only had an M2 for about a month. How does the pitch setting work? What it is all exactly. When I saw the title of the thread I thought "pitch" referred to the gimbal, but then quickly realized it was something else. What can you tell me?
Edit... Wrong person lol

Pitch is left and right movement of the aircraft. Unlike Yaw which is left and right turns, pitch is left and right movement. You pitch the aircraft forward to go forward.

My MA2 pitch does not work in normal settings. In mode 2 the drone just hovers in place when I move the stick right or left. However, it does pitch in sports settings.is anybody experiencing the same problem?

Have you accidentally turned on "flight safety mode"

1599351716806.png

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Is my understanding is a safety feature since the Mavic Air 2 has no side sensors.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Edit... Wrong person lol

Pitch is left and right movement of the aircraft. Unlike Yaw which is left and right turns, pitch is left and right movement. You pitch the aircraft forward to go forward.
This sounds confusing to me. If pitch is ONLY left and right movement, you couldn’t use it to go forward. In a fixed wing aircraft, pitch is the movement that causes you to leave level flight (I mean the aircraft is level, not necessarily at constant altitude) and raise or lower the nose. Because of the symmetry of a quad, if it weren’t for the camera, there’d be no way to tell front from back or side, so it seems weird to define pitch in only one axis. It goes sideways using the same forces that it uses to go forward. Maybe it’s just a definitional issue. But if we use the same terms as for fixed wing, then roll would cause left and right movement, pitch cause forward and back movement, and yaw changes the orientation of the aircraft (which way it’s facing). Is this the accepted definition?

This sounds confusing to me. If pitch is ONLY left and right movement, you couldn’t use it to go forward.Is this the accepted definition?
Pitch isn't left-right movement at all.
The drone tilts or pitches forward or backwards to move forward or backwards.
To move left or right, it tilts to the left or right (it rolls).

Perhaps this explains pitch, roll and yaw in a less confusing way:
i-QGnfq9x-L.jpg
I think we were writing at the same time. Yours was not there when I replied. I wasn’t trying to correct (or repeat) what you wrote.

being an areonautical engineer for 42 years i think i have a grasp on it . rotate along the y axis to control up and down thx
But saying pitch is actually along the "Y" axis and is up and down is very confusing for someone that isn't an aeronautical engineer.
It could be misunderstood to mean moving the drone up and down is achieved by pitching.

Perhaps this explains pitch, roll and yaw in a less confusing way:
i-QGnfq9x-L.jpg
Right... which was what is confusing to me, because in the context explained above I believe they were equating pitch with "shifting" laterally left and right. In droneland we all know what yaw is, and for the most part don't have "roll" like a fixed wing aircraft. In my mind pitch is the the forward angle of attack. If that's the case, is that what the OP is asking about?

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones