DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 RC Connection Issues

Happyonmyhill

Reactions
Just a heads up that I’ve been flying my aircraft for a month now w/o issue. Love MA2! Suddenly my controller would not connect to aircraft. Tried everything. Refreshed firmware. Different cables. Different app devices (iPad vs Phone) uninstalled and reinstalled app. Trouble shooting with DJI. Ended up having to send kit to DJI Service. Hope this is not an issue that becomes prevalent. Posting for anyone who might run into same problem.

Did you reformat the SD card

I had a damaged USB C port on the RC - one that connects to mobile device.
Placing & removing the cable is a problem cause of the tight space.

Just a heads up that I’ve been flying my aircraft for a month now w/o issue. Love MA2! Suddenly my controller would not connect to aircraft. Tried everything. Refreshed firmware. Different cables. Different app devices (iPad vs Phone) uninstalled and reinstalled app. Trouble shooting with DJI. Ended up having to send kit to DJI Service. Hope this is not an issue that becomes prevalent. Posting for anyone who might run into same problem.
Hi, I had the same darn problem to the point where after discussing the issue with online DJI support they issued a case number and I sent the drone back for repair. Now here's the interesting thing. I couldn't be without a drone for three weeks till I got it back, so I bought another Mavic Air 2 from Amazon and low and behold, I had the same issue straight out of the box, controller wouldn't connect to the drone. I was so upset I was ready to sent it back to Amazon as a defective drone, then something happened, and I cannot find this anywhere in the instructions etc. So I was about to close out the DJI Fly app, and just shut off my android phone, and turn off the drone and controller when I looked at the screen again and there to my surprise was a message. Where it came from I do not know but there it was, it said, "if controller will not connect to aircraft, hold down the power button underneath the drone." Well that sounded crazy because there is no power button underneath the drone, of course it's on the top of the battery on. So what the heck I pressed the power button before having shut off the drone and held it for four seconds.. and presto the controller and aircraft connected. I bet I could have done the same thing with the controller and drone I had already returned. They did tell me there were not issues with the drone or controller and sending them back to me free of charge. So... I wonder what will happen when I get it back. I've both the iphone and approved android phones for the DJI Fly app, so it's not a case of my apps not working properly, and all apps and firmware updated. So.. if anyone else is having this issue, press and hold the power button for four seconds on your Mavic Air 2. And just so you know, DJI support makes no mention of this when I talked to them about the problem. Cheers.
Mavic Air 2
Mavic Min;
Phantom 3 Pro

Reactions: RobertR
Congratulations! You stumped the untrained DJI support rep (easy to do!), and solved your own problem! Relinking the controller to the AC is covered in the MA2 manual. It's quite different than on the other AC's. That's all you needed, and all you will need to do when you get the original AC back, if DJI didn’t already do it for you. Something must have reset the original paired linking.
Clever multi-key shortcut from the remote to initiate AC pairing covered at the end of the video above. Simultaneously press Fn+Power+Photo buttons until controller beeps. Then press and hold battery power button for four seconds, until all beeping stops. No app necessary!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am also having a similar issue to the original described problem. I had purchased my drone last week and have been flying it for a couple days with no problem. While in flight and at close range (10 meters) the RC connection was lost to the aircraft. I luckily was able to get the aircraft to land safely but now I haven't been able to pair the RC and aircraft for more than 5 seconds. The units will connect and video transmission is established but soon after everything is lost. I've searched the forums, tried multiple smart phones, upgraded/refreshed/downgraded firmware on both the aircraft and the RC with no luck. DJI is setting up a shipment to send the unit back and replace but I think it's strange this issue occurred mid-flight with no clear cause...

Curious if anyone else has been dealing with this and found a solution?

Thanks,

Adam

Hey guys, I am also having a similar issue to the original described problem. I had purchased my drone last week and have been flying it for a couple days with no problem. While in flight and at close range (10 meters) the RC connection was lost to the aircraft. I luckily was able to get the aircraft to land safely but now I haven't been able to pair the RC and aircraft for more than 5 seconds. The units will connect and video transmission is established but soon after everything is lost. I've searched the forums, tried multiple smart phones, upgraded/refreshed/downgraded firmware on both the aircraft and the RC with no luck. DJI is setting up a shipment to send the unit back and replace but I think it's strange this issue occurred mid-flight with no clear cause...

Curious if anyone else has been dealing with this and found a solution?

Thanks,

Adam
If you've tried to re-link based on the video in msg #8, and still have issues, it does sound like a failure of some sort... You're probably on the right path if you've contacted DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman