DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MacBook Pro 13”

buckeyesfan182

Reactions
I fly as a hobby and enjoy editing videos on the dji go app. I want a laptop around the house for my sons schooling needs and was wondering if this would be ok for editing my videos on Final Cut Pro. 2.3GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
Retina display with True Tone
Touch Bar and Touch ID
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB SSD storage

It should be fine. I have a similar Macbook 13 but with a i7 and 500 SSD. Mine works fine editing large 4k vids. But the temperature and cpu activity hits the roof, so be prepared to close all other progs because it will get hot, I have fans under it on a stand. Your storage is a little low so you will need some external SSD I have a Samsung 500. So if you have not yet got it I would definitely get at least a 500 ideally a Terabyte. Your i5 will struggle with large 4k vids but definitely doable.
It is a beautiful machine, light, powerful and versatile, but not cheap. Enjoy.

It should be fine. I have a similar Macbook 13 but with a i7 and 500 SSD. Mine works fine editing large 4k vids. But the temperature and cpu activity hits the roof, so be prepared to close all other progs because it will get hot, I have fans under it on a stand. Your storage is a little low so you will need some external SSD I have a Samsung 500. So if you have not yet got it I would definitely get at least a 500 ideally a Terabyte. Your i5 will struggle with large 4k vids but definitely doable.
It is a beautiful machine, light, powerful and versatile, but not cheap. Enjoy.

Thanks for the reply! I didn’t want to spend a lot of money but now I’m thinking about getting more ram and probably get a 1 tb external hard drive. Thanks again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15