DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Made In America

Interesting... But Skydio has confirmed it will discontinue its consumer line of drones immediately. Instead, the company will be exclusively serving private sector and enterprise customers.

However, Skydio has promised to continue to support existing consumer-drone customers: They say that they stand by all warranty terms, Skydio Care, and will continue vehicle repairs.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

LT Signing off…

Reactions: mavic3usa
Yep, Skydio is out; they will not sell drones to you and I. The tech is "too good" for us. They will only make drones for governments. After watching what is happening in Ukraine, I don't blame them. War drones need a lot of work and the US programs will need secrecy. Consider Skydio the equivalent of the US Government funded drone. You're looking at X2 and X10 drones being made, some of the best UAVs on the planet. CCP funded DJI will have a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with the notion that their drones are the best for the public sector. This only a start; it will likely take a couple of decades.

Last edited:
How many consumer drones did Skydio sell compared to DJI. That might have something to do why they pulled out. The skydio 2 was a very specialized drone.

Reactions: AZDave
CCP funded DJI will have a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with the notion that their drones are the best for the public sector.
The suggestion that DJI is funded by the Chinese government is highly doubtful.
But watch this video to see what actual police users think of the quality and effectiveness of Skydio drones vs DJI.
Pay attention to the role of Skydio in lobbying politicians to gain an unfair advantage, because they couldn't compete honestly.

How many consumer drones did Skydio sell compared to DJI. That might have something to do why they pulled out. The skydio 2 was a very specialized drone.
That's irrelevant at this point because Skydio has left that market. Skydio sold every single drone they made. They're working for the government now, DJI didn't force them out. I bet there was going to be a Skydio 3 but "somebody" put a stop to that, likely.

The suggestion that DJI is funded by the Chinese government is highly doubtful.
But watch this video to see what actual police users think of the quality and effectiveness of Skydio drones vs DJI.
Pay attention to the role of Skydio in lobbying politicians to gain an unfair advantage, because they couldn't compete honestly.
That's an old video. Give it 10 years....let's see what a US Government funded drone company looks like. Right now the preferred drone is the DJI drone and it's a better drone but I suspect the picture will change one day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear