DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Make the warnings disappear?

Jonathonmp

Reactions
Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. As I approach 2 weeks (tomorrow) of ownership of my new air and 10 days (Wednesday) of ownership of my new Mavic 2 Pro I couldn't be happier. Besides that I would like to also say how truly welcoming and fun this forum is. No one looks down upon rookies and no one really says any smart remarks in a reply. I have actually quit using forums because it was to annoying to read or whatever especially if someone asked a question that I wanted to know the answer to.
That said there has been one "annoying" thing about the drones and that is the warnings Dji 4.0 gives on the screen. Is there a way to stop all of them together or at least limit what is shown because it really gets to the point of ruining the flying experience with constant red and yellow banners popping up every 5 seconds. Yes, I did take an average and it happens to me about every 5.2 seconds.

They range from strong wind to obstacle avoidance has to low of light and a few others. It is literally non stop. It's completely ruining the flying experience. The wind isn't even that strong when it says it either. I know this because I was actually higher in altitude on my ham radio tower when a wind warning was going off.

There is no option in the DJI Go 4 app (at least that I know of) to turn off the warnings. For the obstacle avoidance light too low warning, you could turn off obstacle avoidance while there is low light and it shouldn’t give the warnings anymore.

Goes to show how we are all different. I wish that the warnings would actually stay on screen longer, and I would like a feature that would give the user the option to be able to set it up (which you could disable) so that you have to click on a dismiss button to clear the warning. I find that I often just notice a warning and it disappears before I can read it. The difference between us is that I guess I spend more time looking at the craft in the air, rather than at the screen. If I focus too much on the screen, I often cannot find my bird after I look back up in the sky. I have bought some ARC IIs (have not tried them yet) hoping that they will improve my ability to see the craft in the air and maintain VLOS.

Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. As I approach 2 weeks (tomorrow) of ownership of my new air and 10 days (Wednesday) of ownership of my new Mavic 2 Pro I couldn't be happier. Besides that I would like to also say how truly welcoming and fun this forum is. No one looks down upon rookies and no one really says any smart remarks in a reply. I have actually quit using forums because it was to annoying to read or whatever especially if someone asked a question that I wanted to know the answer to.
That said there has been one "annoying" thing about the drones and that is the warnings Dji 4.0 gives on the screen. Is there a way to stop all of them together or at least limit what is shown because it really gets to the point of ruining the flying experience with constant red and yellow banners popping up every 5 seconds. Yes, I did take an average and it happens to me about every 5.2 seconds.

If you plan to ignore all those warnings then there is a good chance that you will soon be back looking for assistance figuring out why your drone crashed or flew away. While some, like the wind warnings, are set quite conservatively (for good reason), most require your immediate attention.

I suppose if the warning would self clear after a few seconds rather than me having to hit the x in the corner it wouldn't be as annoying. I understand that these safety measures and other things are important but when my screen one second says wind warning land immediately and then a few seconds later it is fine when I know there is no wind up there is what I am annoyed with.

I suppose if the warning would self clear after a few seconds rather than me having to hit the x in the corner it wouldn't be as annoying. I understand that these safety measures and other things are important but when my screen one second says wind warning land immediately and then a few seconds later it is fine when I know there is no wind up there is what I am annoyed with.

You don't know that there is no wind up there, and you really ought to trust the warnings rather than your assumptions. You obviously have no idea how many aircraft have blown away because those warnings were ignored.

You don't know that there is no wind up there, and you really ought to trust the warnings rather than your assumptions. You obviously have no idea how many aircraft have blown away because those warnings were ignored.
I was on my ham radio tower at the same height as it. It was 2 feet in front of me and also my rain wise weather station sitting atop of my 175 foot tower showed 0 wind when I checked on my phone

I was on my ham radio tower at the same height as it. It was 2 feet in front of me and also my rain wise weather station sitting atop of my 175 foot tower showed 0 wind when I checked on my phone

In that case you have a very faulty aircraft and you should return it under warranty.

Reactions: Jonathonmp
In that case you have a very faulty aircraft and you should return it under warranty.
That was my fear. I hope DJI has just as good customer service as their products. Anyone ever have to deal with them for warranty work or anything?

Anyone ever have to deal with them for warranty work or anything?

Here in Oz they helped pretty well with an early problem for me.
They are as reasonable as one could expect such a giant to be, some 'loose cogs' in the call centres no doubt, scripts etc . . . but generally if there is an obvious fault they seem to acknowledge it and do the right thing.

Best to open up a ticket / warranty inquiry with DJI, ensure you have a flight log with the warnings etc (doing this EVERY flight no doubt ?), and have some back up data like your wind station as supporting evidence of nil wind etc.
They might ask you to sync your aircraft logs, just follow what they want to enable them to investigate.

Reactions: Jonathonmp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive