DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man killed retrieving drone .Was shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad. ... and worse, the article is not really about the deceased, but a rant about flying in a no fly zone. Wrong or not why would the reporting tabloid contact FAA. That’s the police area. I’m sure that it’s a waste of time, but my taxpayer money will be wasted because of a useless report...
There have been amateur radio operators killed putting up antennas, the articles always stress the incident, not the individual.

There have been amateur radio operators killed putting up antennas, the articles always stress the incident, not the individual.
Agree, but this one was all about one registration. Took a sad event and made rant, but called it news.

Agree, but this one was all about one registration. Took a sad event and made rant, but called it news.

There was an article a few weeks ago where a guy shot down a drone a guy was using to find a dog. Throughout the article there were links like “terrorists using drones”. It’s sad that negative hype is driven to make a buck. Even YouTube and google were accused of driving people towards links to conspiracy theories. People tend to spend more time on this type of content and will believe anything presented in a convincing way. We have to constantly stop my father-in-law from signing up for stuff he doesn’t need.
I have to constantly educate him on the false information that keeps getting spread about drones and RC aircraft. He tends to pass the ******** along to friends without doing any research.

Reactions: mnis and Thomas B
If you can't fly straight...
It was a dumb mistake by the pilot no matter what the news says. these are the incidents that give quad pilots a bad wrap. stupid stupid stupid. news agencies eat this stuff up right now.
please fly responsibly!

I live within 5 miles of a hospital heliport, I can’t see it but according to B4UFly app, I’m within the 5 miles. How do I contact the heliport to let them know I’m flying? There is no phone number given on the app.

You can try entering the heliport code here:
AirNav: Airport Information
It can be a frustrating process. Where I live, I have found that about 50% of the B4UFly and the above database heliport info is out of date. I end up calling the various organizations (if they are still in business) and request to speak with their heliport manager. On a positive note those POCs that I have been able to reach were very helpful.

Reactions: mnis
RIP would be appropriate a young man lost his life doing what we all love to do fly our drones,forget the money aspect or the dumb news for focusing on the 5 mile rule or register!!
That was really why I posted this and now wish I hadn’t .
It wasn’t for the way it was reported just a fellow pilot
had died trying to retrieve his drone. Guys be careful if
you do get snatched by a tree or whatever .
Being this has went way off the main topic it is over.
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31