DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map Downloading

Mavmatic

Reactions
I only see maps available for download from Asia.
When I use the CS it shows no map. Only a tan screen with my location dot on it.
Suggestions?

Reactions: FredSheldon
When I first connected to my Mavic and Spark, the satellite option on the maps wouldn't work, only the standard. They worked when connected to my P3P. I played around with both drones for about a half hour. After putting the Spark away I powered the CS down and back up and for some reason all the maps now show up. I suspect it has to be connected to the internet, which it isn't while connected to the Spark, to download all the map information. I had previously downloaded the Maps for Texas using the Map download menu item of the CS. I guess you need to be connected to the internet for a period of time after loading the application and clicking on the map to get the images downloaded. Not sure what's going on. Do you have the Enable Amap (for China Mainland) option turned on in your General Settings of the Application? That needs to be turned off.
Fred

I had same problem. Resolved by resetting the CS. Once reset and rebooted and connected to WiFi all maps were available. Once I downloaded my area and connected to AC map appeared as it should.

I don't suppose a thread has already explained how to reset the Crystalsky? I'm having the issue of no local maps as well. Yes Fredsheldon ....I went and looked at your post, didn't see anything referring to resetting the monitor.

I don't suppose a thread has already explained how to reset the Crystalsky? I'm having the issue of no local maps as well. Yes Fredsheldon ....I went and looked at your post, didn't see anything referring to resetting the monitor.
It's in the Settings look for backup and reset. They say to do a reset after every update

Make sure you have WiFi available ( I use the Hotspot on my phone to cache maps wen I get to my fly site ) once the maps are cached you can turn off the hotspot and you should have the local map available.

It's in the Settings look for backup and reset. They say to do a reset after every update
Thanks rstekeur, I lost maps after updating to newest os & go4 app. Couldn't work out why they were all Chinese lol. I hadn't tried the factory reset as I thought that would remove the updates, so a big thumbs up [emoji1303] for your tip, all now working perfectly.
Just want to add I only took delivery of the cs on Saturday, bright sunshine today, I was amazed that I could see everything so clearly, no way would I go back to using my phone, the difference when flying is unbelievable till you try it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78