DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco polo

Had looked at importing a Marco Polo. Do you need any sort of license to operate in the UK?

According to ofcom the part of spectrum used is,

FIXED
MOBILE
Radiolocation
5.317A

No idea what that means

I put one on my bugs3 and lost it because it was in a swamp and I could not get to it or see it . But I fount it . Now I am out the bugs3
And Marco Polo reviver
You found it yow are you out? Did you try placing in rice for 5 days? Ive seen alot of videos were people fly them fine after. ?

Had looked at importing a Marco Polo. Do you need any sort of license to operate in the UK?

According to ofcom the part of spectrum used is,

FIXED
MOBILE
Radiolocation
5.317A

No idea what that means
A little more digging and it seems the frequency is reserved for band 8 mobile communication in the UK.
O2 and Vodafone both use that part of the spectrum for 2G & 3G data.

Anyone tried the Marco Polo in the UK and does it suffer from interference?

A little more digging and it seems the frequency is reserved for band 8 mobile communication in the UK.
O2 and Vodafone both use that part of the spectrum for 2G & 3G data.

Anyone tried the Marco Polo in the UK and does it suffer from interference?
The way that it works it should be fine because it does not transmit anything until you activate it to find it.

I have had a play with it it seems to function ok, I have not tested it to any extremes yet and it is one item I really do not want to use as a necessity also where I am situated there is not much in the way of mobile network activity.

I have had a play with it it seems to function ok, I have not tested it to any extremes yet and it is one item I really do not want to use as a necessity also where I am situated there is not much in the way of mobile network activity.
I'd be interested in hearing your results when you test it further or close to mobile masts if possible.

Definitely seems like best solution on the market.

I want to get either a Marco Polo or Trackimo for my Mavic, however I am curious what attaching these things to your drone does to the flying stability.

II am curious what attaching these things to your drone does to the flying stability.
Your Mavic will be just as stable with the tracker attached.

I have been flying around here. clee hill radar station - Bing images

I put it in the van window walked a few hundred yards down the dirt track .......... Switched on ....... ;) Still got a van. I will do a more in depth test when I get the chance and let you know my findings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive