DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marking your Drone

You can find a Mavic Pro template here. I haven't tried cutting that template myself, so I'm not sure how well it works.

Yeah...I actually downloaded that pdf file, but not 100% sure how to convert it to eps file which I need for my cutter software. I'll look into it a little more right now and see if I can get it figured out.

So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?

Label maker on the main body is the way to go right now, until they actually come up with something else. Myself, I printed a couple of those and always keep them in my bag, just in case it flies away. I wish they were sending us a plastic license and stick for the drones, but the registration would cost a lot more, nothing is free [emoji6]

Like others, I use the Brother P-Touch TZ labels and put my phone number and email address on the drone. No certification numbers here yet.

I actually did the same thing, I put my registration number on the body, but I put my name and cell phone number inside the battery compartment.

Label maker on the main body is the way to go right now, until they actually come up with something else. Myself, I printed a couple of those and always keep them in my bag, just in case it flies away. I wish they were sending us a plastic license and stick for the drones, but the registration would cost a lot more, nothing is free [emoji6]

I like the idea of a plastic licence, however Transport Canada only requires us to have an electronic version to show if challenged. I took a picture of mine and keep it on my phone. I meet the legal requirements.

I like the idea of a plastic licence, however Transport Canada only requires us to have an electronic version to show if challenged. I took a picture of mine and keep it on my phone. I meet the legal requirements.
That’s ideal, but there is also an app that keeps everything together in one place for Canadian and it is;
Drone Pilot Canada by My Appatory
‎Drone Pilot Canada

You can scan all your documents, it logs your maintenance and flights, keeps a copy of your manual, includes all checklists required (pre flight, flight post flight, etc), this is not a perfect app, but the developer respond quickly to requests.

Reactions: Ken K
So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?
You only need your registration # in Canada My label was printed on a cricket sticky plastic label. SeemsTo be holding up ok so far.

Canada does not, as far as I know, require registration of drones, if they are less than 2 kg in weight, like my Mavic Air. But for security, I label the battery in the drone with name and phone number, in case of loss. An honest finder would return it.
Actually as of June 1 2019 you need both a registration AND a license to fly in canada anything 250 g or more. and that does include the Mavic air and spark. Trust me you don’t want to fly your quad if you don’t have both of those. Further to that,according to nav Canada’s website your registration # must be clearly marked on your quad.

Last edited:
Not correct. The reg # must be visible on the quad. If you don’t have it on the aircraft,you’ll be looking at a fine if caught.

Not correct. The reg # must be visible on the quad. If you don’t have it on the aircraft,you’ll be looking at a fine if caught.

Although it is a requirement to mark your drone, it is also mandatory to carry your license and your registration paperwork on you, either on paper or electronically.

You 100% misunderstood my Comment. Correct the Drone must be marked, how you do not to have the physical Registration or License Document on your person. The Comment I replied to was about having a plastic card License document to have on your person. TC is 100% ok (by their own website) if you have an electronic version of the document to show them.

Although it is a requirement to mark your drone, it is also mandatory to carry your license and your registration paperwork on you, either on paper or electronically.

No, TC is 100% ok (by their own website) if you have an electronic version of the document to show them. I carry a picture of both on my phone, which meets the legal requirement.

look at you guys, fighting on how best to carry and present your papers.

who exactly can demand these papers? please note your country....unless it's obvious. ;)

look at you guys, fighting on how best to carry and present your papers.

who exactly can demand these papers? please note your country....unless it's obvious. ;)

In Canada any Police Officer in the course of his duties and any Transport Canada Official in the course of his duties. I have personally already been challenged by a Transport Canada Official in a waterfront park in Halifax. The picture of both documents sufficed, and I was required to land my Drone and show it property marked.

In Canada any Police Officer in the course of his duties and any Transport Canada Official in the course of his duties. I have personally already been challenged by a Transport Canada Official in a waterfront park in Halifax. The picture of both documents sufficed, and I was required to land my Drone and show it property marked.

understood. (expected)

Any recommended stores in Europe? I want my operator number, phone number and email.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka