DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marking your Drone

well, that's interesting. you know of cases where people have been charged for not having their drone properly marked?
No.

Here is a link to a story about this.

Only one drone pilot has ever been busted for flying without a license — and he got a warning

I realize that you can find a story somewhere on the Internet to support just about any claim or point of view, so I am NOT saying that this is the absolute truth. However -- and this is the key point -- I was unable to find ANY story that says dozens of people have been cited, fined, or arrested for failing to put registration numbers on their drone.

What DOES happen is that if someone does something really stupid with their drone and gets the law involved, the authorities can "pile on" the charges and at the end of the long list of violations, they'll add, "flying without proper registration numbers on their drone."

Hi. Can I ask what you mean by “ In the U.K. they have to use a fireproof tag...” . We currently have no compulsory registration (coming Oct) and don’t need to mark our craft in anyway if we don’t wish to fireproof or not. Just wondering were you got that idea from? Thanks. Peter

Hi Peter, I recall a gent here mentioning it. I will try to find the quote. Cheers

Hi. Can I ask what you mean by “ In the U.K. they have to use a fireproof tag...” . We currently have no compulsory registration (coming Oct) and don’t need to mark our craft in anyway if we don’t wish to fireproof or not. Just wondering were you got that idea from? Thanks. Peter

Peter, I need to make a correction. The requirement for fireproof tags is in Germany, not UK. Sorry about that!

Paid € 8,75 for two fire-proof self-adhesive labels with alle the requiered information. The thought behind it being fire-proof in Germany is, that if the drone crashes and causes major damage, or even a fire (which does not have to be ignited by the batteries), there will be a chance of finding evidence of whose drone it was, so your insurance will pay for the damage.

I put my address and phone number on a slip of paper stuck under the battery. It also offers a cash reward if found.

So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?
Brother label machine

If I bring a drone from UK to use here temporarily in USA, do I have to register and mark it?
Is there some reciprocal arrangement with other countries?

FAA # and contact info on a piece of paper in the battery compartment on my M2P.
This is not approved by FAA. The FAA registration number must be legible and visible without touching the drone . Battery compartment is OK for info, but you must mark the drone externally to be legal.

Reactions: dawgpilot
print on a piece of paper, cut to size, clear tape to stick on the leg.

that's it for now until i see a nice, fancy solution that i would rather use.

That's what I did. I printed out a dozen of my numbers in the smallest possible font so you really have took to see them.
They are right out in the open but you really have to look closely.
:)

Thunderdrones, has several options and ideas on his website. I got my FAA# printed up on black background with goldish looking print. Also had 2nd set with “REWARD IF FOUND 555-566-5566” if you take the time to place them on the drone carefully it looks really good, I’m stuck in bed, back injury, maybe I can get one of my little assistances (kid) to helps image.jpgimage.jpgI

Do you cut your who skins as well?

No, I would if I could find a good template. I have seen a few but the only good ones I have found are for the Mav 2. I have the Mavic Pro Platinum. I got the skin that is on it from Slickwraps...they were having a 75% off sale.

Permanent marker I used to write on CDs

No, I would if I could find a good template. I have seen a few but the only good ones I have found are for the Mav 2. I have the Mavic Pro Platinum.
You can find a Mavic Pro template here. I haven't tried cutting that template myself, so I'm not sure how well it works.

A fireproof label with name, adres and cellphone on it, as requiered by law in Germany.

So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?

Canada does not, as far as I know, require registration of drones, if they are less than 2 kg in weight, like my Mavic Air. But for security, I label the battery in the drone with name and phone number, in case of loss. An honest finder would return it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143