DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marking your Drone

SlabRyder

Reactions
So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?

Don't you get some official label (I really don't know, here in Austria, at least with the horrendous prices, we get some cheap sticker from our "FAA")?
If not, I would print on a self-adhesive small paper and put that to the drone with some tape for minimal protection.
Easy to remove and good to read.

In Canada we are allowed to use a permanent marker and write it by hand, use a label maker with weather proof ink (Which is what I did), or engrave it. It has to be on the main body, and must be repaired or replaced if it get damaged or falls off. Our registration is a one time $5 CDN, so about 75 Cents USD ;-)).

I used a sharpie after cleaning with 98% alcohol. It stays on well. Edit: In Germany, they have to use a fireproof tag, actually sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
On my Phantom 3 I used a Brother label maker to make the label. On my Mavic I used gold stick on letters and numbers I got from Michaels.

I used a sharpie after cleaning with 98% alcohol. It stays on well. In UK, they have to use a fireproof tag, actually sounds like a good idea.

On any aircraft that carry people a fire proof tag has to be attached to the airframe in Canada. On my Piper Mirage it is a small 15mm x 30mm Stainless Steel plate riveted to the main door frame with the registration engraved. I am not sure why TC did do the same for Drones, but my guess is the drone only has a single tiny battery while my Mirage carries 140 USG, or 840 lbs (383 Kg) of highly flammable 100 Octane Avgas, and yes it is still leaded. So it burns real good.

So Transport Canada (and I will assume the FAA), requires Drone Operators mark their drones with their Registration Number and other info. What are you using to mark your Drone with. I used a Permanent Marker and it just wipes off with minimal handling. Are you fellow operators using label makers or what?

On the Mavic Wet Suits we leave the back two legs clear of the neoprene and use a water proof marker on a white adhesive tape and wrap the back leg with the tape so it stays on for our clients.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm.

I use a P-touch label with a contrasting color on clear carrier. For me it's red on white drone body or gold on a black drone body part.

Reactions: masic
On any aircraft that carry people a fire proof tag has to be attached to the airframe in Canada. On my Piper Mirage it is a small 15mm x 30mm Stainless Steel plate riveted to the main door frame with the registration engraved. I am not sure why TC did do the same for Drones, but my guess is the drone only has a single tiny battery while my Mirage carries 140 USG, or 840 lbs (383 Kg) of highly flammable 100 Octane Avgas, and yes it is still leaded. So it burns real good.

Lol, Thanks!

In Canada we are allowed to use a permanent marker and write it by hand, use a label maker with weather proof ink (Which is what I did), or engrave it. It has to be on the main body, and must be repaired or replaced if it get damaged or falls off. Our registration is a one time $5 CDN, so about 75 Cents USD ;-)).

Lol, thanks!

Like others, I use the Brother P-Touch TZ labels and put my phone number and email address on the drone. No certification numbers here yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan