DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

I'll be heading to Baltimore mid feb for 6 weeks for business. I will have weekends free and no car lol. I hope I have my mavric here by then. Looking forward to doing some shooting out there and maybe there is someone that wants to meet up pending the weather and do some flying?

I live in Odenton and fly no matter how cold the weather is! Wouldn't mind meeting up or new location ideas. This was yesterday!DJI_0010.JPG

Baltimore County here (Perry Hall)... soon to be Bel Air, MD. Here's a video of Gunpowder Falls State Park shot with the Mavic Pro:

What part of Gun Powder? I live in Perryhall. I park at Gunpowder Lodge and fly from there. I also go to the lot on Harford road and fly from the beach

What part of Gun Powder? I live in Perryhall. I park at Gunpowder Lodge and fly from there. I also go to the lot on Harford road and fly from the beach

I launched right across the street from Gunpowder Lodge.

And here are some shots I got this past week of Longfield Estates in Kingsville (right off Belair Rd., just south of Belair Rd. and Bradshaw Rd. intersection)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=eU5JQWdjbVV0LV90bHhQeGpoOFBYSXRKQ3loOXZn

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=WXNPZ19GaVZIVXRxY1VCNzJQSFpUeUtxQzlhbzB3

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=d3ZERGV5LWtEam05TmVuRG1odXFnVXRBZmNMOFZB

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=WG9mNkY2STA5eDg0NnlXNFNDeVNfdlBUVG80RG13

I'm in Baltimore on buisness for quite a while. They didn't give me car. I would be interested in meeting up with someone some weekend. I'll chip in 20 for gas and buy you lunch. If interested shoot me a message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: stuffonastick
ATTENTION folks that are interested in the proposed April 8th Meetup at Brighton Dam Recreation Park!!
Would anyone be opposed to moving the date one week earlier to April 1st? Not a huge deal but I had a scheduling conflict pop up.
Thoughts?

ATTENTION folks that are interested in the proposed April 8th Meetup at Brighton Dam Recreation Park!!
Would anyone be opposed to moving the date one week earlier to April 1st? Not a huge deal but I had a scheduling conflict pop up.
Thoughts?

I'd be interested! Where's it at?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks! The only issue I can foresee is the fact that it falls within the Suburban NFZ out of Laurel. We may have to call and request clearance.
The AirMap website and app shows it outside the Glenair airspace.
Google Maps Pin

Last edited:
I took a look at Airmap and the Laurel Suburban airport zone falls on the dam. I can't see it being a problem, but we should probably be aware of it.
Did you check out my link? I believe we are looking at two different locations. I went back to AirMap on two different browsers and the result was the same. The dam and the park are outside the nearest airport's safety zone.
Here is a screenshot of my AirMap.
8FZYkm2.jpg

Laurel Suburban is the area in the lower right corner.

Did you check out my link? I believe we are looking at two different locations. I went back to AirMap on two different browsers and the result was the same. The dam and the park are outside the nearest airport's safety zone.
Here is a screenshot of my AirMap.
8FZYkm2.jpg

Laurel Suburban is the area in the lower right corner.

Oh! You're right, I was looking down towards the other really oblong lake

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Okay, I'm not hearing any objections to moving the date to April 1st. Our meet time is 2PM (First to give you a chance to sleep in on a Saturday and second to let the day warm up).
Our location is the Brighton Dam Recreation Park.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow pilots.

In the event of rain I have no backup plan. We'll just try again on another Saturday. But what are the chances of showers in April?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000