DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

Isn't that within the DCA flight prohibited area?
Not according to the FAA's own (hyper conservative) app. We are good to go in that respect! I've sent an inquiry to park officials to see if they're okay with it even though their rules do not mention remote controlled aircraft.

Sorry everyone. This little get together has now been chased away from its third attempt at a location. I no longer have the time to deal with the frustration. April 1st meet up is canceled as far as my organizing it goes. Again, sorry. I REALLY wanted to meet some other pilots. Perhaps we'll randomly find each other in the sky some day.

Dang, that sucks that it was cancelled. How about coming to North Beach, Md. Plenty of cool flying spaces down this way. Its outside of any fly zones. I fly here all the time. Let me know if you guys are interested in coming this way.

Reactions: stuffonastick
Cool, never been down that way. Any raptors in that area we need to be concerned with? I don't even have mine yet but I know I'll not be bringing it to Conowingo, don't want to disturb the bald eagles.
I went to Conowingo last weekend but was grounded due to a problem with my app. No wifi around to fix it, so i flew later in Philly and Camden.

Dang, that sucks that it was cancelled. How about coming to North Beach, Md. Plenty of cool flying spaces down this way. Its outside of any fly zones. I fly here all the time. Let me know if you guys are interested in coming this way.

That looks like a great location. You may want to drum up a meet up for the Eastern MD folks. I like the looks of Prettyboy Reservoir as someone mentioned in another thread.

Flew in Patterson Park this morning. It was quite windy this morning so my flight was cut short. I started in the eastern field and there were a few people walking dogs, but I kept my distance. In the morning the park is quiet so it's a good time to fly.

Anyone tried flying around Brown’s Bridge Recreational Area that is off Ednor Rd? I see it everyday on my commute to work and I've even taken landscapes there, but wonder if UAVs are allowed. The official website does not say you *can't* fly and the FAA app also indicates only heliports. Anyone have any info/experience to share about the place?

Has anyone seen this??

Top 10 Places to Fly a Drone in Baltimore

It's hard to believe that these spots are not in NFZ. Has anyone tried flying from these spots?!

Federal Hill was my 'go to' spot when I had my P3P. No one bothers me there, lots of great sites over and near the harbor, smoke stack etc. I just got the Mavic Pro and will be check out the rest of these locations

Reactions: twinturbogodzilla
Anyone tried flying around Brown’s Bridge Recreational Area that is off Ednor Rd? I see it everyday on my commute to work and I've even taken landscapes there, but wonder if UAVs are allowed. The official website does not say you *can't* fly and the FAA app also indicates only heliports. Anyone have any info/experience to share about the place?

Im about 5-10 minutes from Ednor Rd and thought about flying there and Scotts Cove, but I'm terrified of crashing my drone in the river, newbie problems [emoji23]

Subscribed to the thread. I'm very close to Conowingo Dam and the Susquehanna River. My schedule is seriously crazy so I rarely have time to fly but would try to set some aside to meet up with fellow quad pilots. I'll just follow the thread and jump in/on board when time permits.
Cool thread.
Rob

I'll be there! Anybody here from Southern MD area or know of a good place to fly around SMD?

Lusby flyer here. Jefferson Patterson Park is a good location as well as Cove Pont Park.. Need to watch for PAX air traffic even outside of the NFZ they can fly REALLY low.

1a9ece0c255f401697e140ff9b86e6ab.jpg
4bd03c69638a08a871ff21a07417a20c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
\

How are you getting in ? Where are you parking and how are you walking in?

Lusby flyer here. Jefferson Patterson Park is a good location as well as Cove Pont Park.. Need to watch for PAX air traffic even outside of the NFZ they can fly REALLY low.

Never thought about JPP. Thought that was state park property?

ThreeG's, I'm just up the road from you in Greencastle, PA. Do you have any good places to fly in or around Washington County? I've had my Mavic for a month or so and love it. I just joined this group today.

I'm down. Any of you on FB? Seems like nobody checks this anymore

I'm down. Any of you on FB? Seems like nobody checks this anymore
I feel the same way Giant. I am up for a meet at North Beach. Fridays are not good because it's very crowded but any other day should be OK. I'm in Silver Spring but will to drive if another location works better.

Hey all, I'm very new to the group and Mavic Pro world. Flew mine first time yesterday and only left beginner mode one time. I was a little apprehensive because my last drone was a Walkera SCOUT and it was a pain to fly and even more of a pain to fix after crashing it three times. I am near Ft Meade in Jessup but I fly in the Ellicott City area. Wondering if anyone has good spots in EC to fly near the historic area. I'm also waiting on my Goggles to be shipped... any day now they say.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu