DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massachusetts

When I am in Danvers we have a very large piece of property which is close to Beverly Airport and protected from low-flying aircraft. I fly around the property under 150' to practice maneuvering and filming and photo settings as well as some of the Flight Modes. This has helped me familiarize myself with all of the settings. When I am in NH I am able to really try out those Modes and photo setting I practiced.

I live down on Cape Cod and we are kind of limited in practice areas. I normally just go down to one of the schools on the weekends (either early or late) and use the fields. Nobody seems to bother me. As far as filming, any of the beaches and waterways are great. As the off -season approaches there are more options.

Reactions: TheOneDR
I live in Central MA (the Brookfields, west of Worcester) and my Mavic is on the way this week. I have flown my Phantom 3 Standard all over the area and I'm looking forward to more range and better quality footage. Sounds like a few people here are in my general area (Auburn, Hubbardston). Would love to meet other flyers sometime.

Hello from north of the Springfield area in western MA. New to quads but fly a Piper Warrior. I've only been out a couple of times to work on transferring my knowledge from an environment with one stick, two pedals and a throttle to just two sticks! Seems like the same principles of control, though. No previous RC experience -- total noob, here.

Hello from north of the Springfield area in western MA. New to quads but fly a Piper Warrior. I've only been out a couple of times to work on transferring my knowledge from an environment with one stick, two pedals and a throttle to just two sticks! Seems like the same principles of control, though. No previous RC experience -- total noob, here.
I'm from Springfield originally. Welcome to Mavic Pilots. Nice to see some people somewhat local to me.

Billerica here. Never had an issue around here. I also have to keep in mind that Hanscom AFB is near me and planes and helicopters fly fairly low

Hi Boston drone fans :)

I'm visiting Boston with my mavic
The city and it's surroundings look like an ideal site for a drone video
I know most of the places are forbidden because of 5 mile radius of Boston Logan airport

Are there any good places you would recommend (accessible by Boston public transport ) that are safe to fly ?

Hi Jerryflah,
I am in central Mass (Hubbardston) Have my Mavic for a couple of months. I have only flown it a half dozen times or so cuse of the weather. It looks like this weekend might be good for flying. Let me know if you would like to get together
Hello im a soon to be mavic flyer from worcester area

Hello everyone, I just ordered my Mav last night, can't freaking wait to start playing around with it. I bought a really inexpensive drone to practice manually flying, and it's been a blast flying it. Photo from the cheap, up in Stowe Vt.
FB_IMG_1508197186320.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair