DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massachusetts

When I bought my mavic I had planned on using it to take pictures of the quabbin and wachussett reservoirs. I was planning on finally making the trip to the quabbin this weekend. But today, while doing some research. I found that they have outlawed UAVs st both places. No surprise in liberal MA. Just another reason to move to NH.

When I bought my mavic I had planned on using it to take pictures of the quabbin and wachussett reservoirs. I was planning on finally making the trip to the quabbin this weekend. But today, while doing some research. I found that they have outlawed hobbyist flying of UAVs at both places. No surprise in liberal MA. Just another reason to move to NH.

any Mavicteers in Massachusetts?
I live in Plymouth, in Southeastern Mass, a stone's throw from Cape Cod.
My Mavic is preordered from Carolina Dronz. Looking for Ship date within a week or two.
I've piloted a Phantom Vision 2 And currently fly a Yuneec Chroma.
Hoping to team up with some Mavic pilots to inform and be better informed about this splendid Craft.
Will travel
Hi All. Swansea MA (Southcoast). Waiting for the weather to break. My interest is mostly close in nature video, waterfalls, streams etc. with some beaches and lakes. I'm about 1/2 mile from the ocean. Usually too windy around here except early morning late afternoon. Always looking for nature areas etc. if there are no restrictions. Not afraid to travel/hike to them, thinking of NH this spring, since everywhere I turn in MA there seems to be a restriction of some kind. Anyone know of a list of MA places to fly without problems or in my area? TIA

Hi All. Swansea MA (Southcoast). Waiting for the weather to break. My interest is mostly close in nature video, waterfalls, streams etc. with some beaches and lakes. I'm about 1/2 mile from the ocean. Usually too windy around here except early morning late afternoon. Always looking for nature areas etc. if there are no restrictions. Not afraid to travel/hike to them, thinking of NH this spring, since everywhere I turn in MA there seems to be a restriction of some kind. Anyone know of a list of MA places to fly without problems or in my area? TIA

Not that I know of. I usually go to the local lakes and streams. I stay as far away from Boston as I possibly can. Found some nice waterfalls and streams. Like I said. I bought my mavic planning on flying around the quabbin reservoir. But that’s illegal. So that’s ruined. I have a few places up north I can’t wait for. I’m usually up in the lakes region with my bass boat on the weekends and have a few places I’ve been hoping to go to. MA is not very good for flying. There is more places you can’t fly than you can. Western MA is on my list though. It’s much quieter out there. More my kind of place.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmav
Just moved back to Mass and looking for some amazing beach, landscape, city scenery shots so if anyone has any recommendations, feel free to reply. Here’s some of sh I took from my drone

Attachments

• C76123E0-1B9B-479A-B38F-347457D850C6.jpeg
    C76123E0-1B9B-479A-B38F-347457D850C6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • D2D5AD25-D83C-4BF6-B499-C0D01A22EB04.jpeg
    D2D5AD25-D83C-4BF6-B499-C0D01A22EB04.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 74B6B096-1580-4AC0-B7EF-B2A5C0A9A6D4.jpeg
    74B6B096-1580-4AC0-B7EF-B2A5C0A9A6D4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • F70CB4A1-5490-4B7D-BEBC-4874A9D04D25.jpeg
    F70CB4A1-5490-4B7D-BEBC-4874A9D04D25.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Everyone in the area enjoying the Spring? Flying out of the Brookfields (west of Worcester) and would love to meet up other people from points as far as Springfield or Worcester and north. I saw Hubbardston, Auburn and Worcester in here. Other than my 9 year old with his Tello, I don't fly with others much. Hoping for more low wind beautiful days out there soon.

Hi MA folks! I'm new to the thread, and I have a few questions:

1. I just got my Mavic, and I live in Boston, so I'm having trouble finding a good place to practice flying that doesn't involve 30 minutes of driving! I really wanted to go to the park off Neponset river, but that is still in the edge of Logan's airspace. Any suggestions of good, open spaces to practice that are closer to Boston? I'm closer to Milton/Quincy.

2. Does anyone know if the state parks prohibit drones? I really want to go to Halibut park to photograph the quarry, but it's a state park. I'm waiting to hear back from them, but thought I'd ask here to get a quicker answer.

3. Any recommendations for areas that have nice, jaggedy rock formations? I am willing to drive a ways for this. Again, need to find places where flying is allowed.
Thanks!!
Millenium Park in West Roxbury is a great place. No problems flying so for. Just go to the top field (highest) and then all the way to the back. From there you can fly over the Charles, marshes, and woods. Good Luck.

just joined here i am in the south coast fairhaven area are there any places to fly here i have only had my Spark for a week now but starting to think that this may have been a mistake from what i am hearing

Everyone in the area enjoying the Spring? Flying out of the Brookfields (west of Worcester) and would love to meet up other people from points as far as Springfield or Worcester and north. I saw Hubbardston, Auburn and Worcester in here. Other than my 9 year old with his Tello, I don't fly with others much. Hoping for more low wind beautiful days out there soon.
I just picked up a Pro. My lake house is in Wales on Lake George. I plan on doing some fly over shots off of my boat or jetski.

In Auburn, we fly all the time but always looking for a different places to keep the video interesting
Are you still flying in Auburn? I also live in Auburn and have a new Mavic Air. Where do you fly?

Hi Theo,
Mavic 2 Pro just arrived today. Left you a message. Not called PM here but think I did it right. Would like to connect.

Hey all, I’m looking to purchase a new Mavic soon, but was wondering if there was any suggestions on where to fly them, I live in Worcester so we have to deal with the airport. I don’t mind driving as long as it’s a good place to fly. Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks

I'm in Sandwich too. There are some pretty cool places to go on the Cape. Only troublesome spots are the National Seashore, airports and Barnstable beaches (that I know of).

Whats Up!
Im in Woburn Ma, just got my Mavic 2 Pro, would like to gather some people to fly!!! Anyone willing to fly somewhere? Feels like Woburn its not a good place since there are lots of planes right above the town all the time, just dont want to risk it.

Looking for flyers to join. I want to shoot the fall foliage. I am in Newton but will travel to wherever. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro.

Hi, I live in Woburn and very recently got my Mavic 2 Pro. Im finding it very difficult to find real people to talk about drones and especially fly! Would like to recommend that we start a whatsapp group to keep in touch and add more people so we can fly together. Im a bit resistant to fly alone since everywhere is "bad" to fly. would feel way better with new friends. Im willing to drive and fly with you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S