DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massive Battery Drop

It appears some of my info was mistaken by either my moment confusion or the app just had my wrong battery percent. I took off apparently with 84%, I thought it was 100%. Here is the flight log:
- There is one strange thing. In the log, the battery percentage doesn't change, but in the app it gave me 0% battery and it started to beep like crazy.

It appears some of my info was mistaken by either my moment confusion or the app just had my wrong battery percent. I took off apparently with 84%, I thought it was 100%. Here is the flight log:
- There is one strange thing. In the log, the battery percentage doesn't change, but in the app it gave me 0% battery and it started to beep like crazy.

The 84% battery level in the PhantomPilots display is not correct - it's a known issue. You started at 95% and the cell voltages dropped rapidly during a 25 second period of full throttle. When cell 4 fell to 2.6 V it triggered the battery level to drop to zero at 42 seconds.

cells.png

Had you charged the battery recently before this flight, or had it been sitting fully charged for a while?

Reactions: Thomas B
The 84% battery level in the PhantomPilots display is not correct - it's a known issue. You started at 95% and the cell voltages dropped rapidly during a 25 second period of full throttle. When cell 4 fell to 2.6 V it triggered the battery level to drop to zero at 42 seconds.

View attachment 89672

Had you charged the battery recently before this flight, or had it been sitting fully charged for a while?
I had it charged since a day or two before if I don't remember wrong. I don't think that was the problem since I did the same thing (full throttle up) with my other batteries. I charge them all at the same time with the charging hub. The only difference was that when I took off with my other batteries, I hovered for a while checking the temperature (so it would heat up). Once it was about 25-30°C, I went full throttle up. It might also be important to note that I left my drone in the car the day before. At night it got like -3°C outside, so when I first started the drone the batteries where about 11°C.

Mine just did the same. I have attached the flight record. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-06_[17-17-51].txt
    140.2 KB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom