DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Air Screwed!

The app on the phone is not very accurate. How close or how far you hold the phone to your drone will also factor in.

The difference in DB levels isn't all that significant. To some, the sound of the Mavic Air has a "nails-on-the-chalkboard" type of effect. They just can't stand it. It honestly doesn't bother me...I'm not sure what all the fuss is about...but if the change in "pitch" makes someone happy... and they are happy with the quality of the non-OEM props...I say go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvt
Too much subjectivity involved with this, but I have them on my MA and my tests, both technical and personal, agree that they are quieter and a more pleasing tone than the originals. I think subjective is more important than tech in this case.

I'm not in favor of dissing manufacturers with that type of attention-getting thread title.

switching one loud noise to another maybe. My friends new Mavic something or other with the curved tips has a pretty nice sound, but it's not the same sound I hear on the you tube videos of the Master Screws. If you're around loud noises long enough you won't be able to hear anything..but thats not a great solution. Neither are earplugs like it's highly suggested you wear while riding a moto. In an airplane, just reducing the RPM'S a slight bit after takeoff makes a huge noise difference..but it's still loud..That's whats happening with the Master props.
so whats the answer..I'd love to know

I'm not in favor of dissing manufacturers with that type of attention-getting thread title.

I think it’s a fair title. For my part, I have them and have no complaints - they certainly seem quieter to me, and I haven’t used the OEM props since I got these a few days after release. But I like to see all opinions and since virtually all comments have been highly positive (mine included) I don’t have a problem with an “attention-getting” title to highlight one of the dissenting views for others who are investigating, and to promote discussion.

Flying my MA with the Master Air props next to my son-in-laws Mavic Air with OEM props and we both agreed that the MA prop sound was not as loud or at least a different sound pitch that was quieter to the ear. Unscientific? sure but it is what it is non-the-less. I have flow Master Air props on about every RC aircraft I own, including the Corsair in the photo and found the are among the best.

Hi. I have a set on my Air and find them to be quieter by the ear when flying outside. Gain down to 80% and all is fine. It was the first time I got a flight distance of 6800 mts with 14% batt left. Never got that with the std props. Either way I’m impressed and would recommend to anyone.

Just bought a set of low noise Master Air Screw props for my Mavic Air because some one here raved about them. Save your $.
MAS claimed 3.5 db drop or about 33% less noise calculated by (20.(Log(Amplitude 1/ Amplitude 2). Actual result DJI props 69.4db
MAS props 71.2db. Truth be told I used a cell phone with a sound meter App but all parameters (hovering distance and microphone position were the same.(And in an enclosed room). I don't have a second Mavic so I can't do a side by side comparison. Got any thoughts anybody?

Like you, I've seen every man and his dog raving about these props for the MA.
In my personal opinion, unless 3.5db bothers you that much, don't buy them.
If it does bother you, then be prepared to go into the settings on your MA/DJIGo4 and change a few things, otherwise you'll keep getting motor errors from what I've seen and is posted on the Master Airscrew website somewhere.
I'll stick with my standard props thanks. Money flying in the air does not get third party props to make it a 'tad' quieter. I'm sure Boeing/Airbus etc would agree.

It could sound off topic but actually I decided to buy this MA props for my mavic Air bc I want to see if the change of pitch sound will not make it attack by bees. Yes bees. I was flying around 300m out of a bee culture and I noticed something on my video and even on my props. Looking careful at it at home I could see a swarm of bee going around it. They left the sign on it. Not good also for the environement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun