DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stiff Master Air Screw props

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Has anyone one else noticed their Master air screw props tightening up over time ,especially after periods of non use , to the degree they don't even release went the drone is taking off. They should be like hands on a clock at 6 and 12 , but I have to manually place mine in position and unless they are perfectly aligned the drone drone vibrates in the air .The centrifugal force isn't enough to overcome the stiffness of the pins on the mounting hub. Fairly disappointing as they not cheap to buy here in Europe

Has anyone one else noticed their Master air screw props tightening up over time ,especially after periods of non use , to the degree they don't even release went the drone is taking off. They should be like hands on a clock at 6 and 12 , but I have to manually place mine in position and unless they are perfectly aligned the drone drone vibrates in the air .The centrifugal force isn't enough to overcome the stiffness of the pins on the mounting hub. Fairly disappointing as they not cheap to buy here in Europe
Did you see this post?

after reading this thread ,i decided to take a look at a set of MAS props that i purchased for my MPP back when i first started flying it
they do indeed have a threaded screw that goes through the pivot point to attach the props to the hub which then holds the top and bottom parts of the hub together using one of the small tools from my micro screwdriver set i was able to move the screws a small amount to either tighten them which gripped the props more or loosen then to allow the props to fall under their own weight it would seem that this is what is causing the issue
to be fair i had flown my MPP with them fitted when i first had them as the nice bright orange colour was great to see when the drone was taking off or landing,but i found that although they were advertised to lower noise and increase flight time in use ,i found that to me they were slightly higher pitched in sound compared to the OE props and i just stopped using them

I bought a set of props for my original Mavic Air these have no pivot points so I can't relate to that, as the Air has fixed props, but they were advertised for noise reduction but I didn't notice any difference. I won't purchase third party props again and stick with the OEM versions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne