DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Mavic Air Props now available

Interesting to hear that stuttering sound with the Master Airscrew props. I wonder if that's the lack of rigidity. I also wonder if this translates to vibration through the airframe/gimbal.

I was thinking of the same thing. I do see a correlation between the stiffness and the noise. In the order of most stiff to least:

DJI - Stiffest, no stutter, loudest and high pitch. The spectrum graph shows it has a flatter but higher response

MAS - Medium stiffness, some stutter in throttling, some oscillation during hover, lower noise lower frequency. The spectrum graph shows it dropping off a few dB at the higher frequencies where most of the energy is in the lower frequency.

Anafi - Least Stiff, some stutter in takeoff but not always, same oscillation during hover, quietest. The spectrum graph shows it has a similar frequency profile as the MAS where the higher frequencies are much lower.

I should also note with my experience with the Anafi and similarly to the MAS that when the stuttering happens, adjusting the throttle up a little bit will usually make it go away.

Reactions: mnis and Air_Joe
My props arrived faster than I needed :mad: and finally got the chance to check them out.....

LOVE THEM! .. Literally, I'm in love! :eek:
Sound is lower - thats perfect, Flight is longer (I think I got about a 1minute or so more on the battery)
But the real deal is in Sport mode. My little beasty was unleashed :p

I was worries that lowering RPMs would be bad for stability. No such thing. Actually the MAS Stealth props were performing better no matter what I did.

My verdict (ordered in what matters to me most):
- Sound is truly better
- Flight time is better
- They still fold and fit in the same travel case
- Perfect handling in sport or normal modes
- No vibrations on the frame or video
- No motor warming

WELL, THERE IS ONE THING MISSING, I want COLORS.
So please, Master Airscrew, do some colors, could be boring white or orange once as used to for the Mavic Pro.
CHEERS

My props arrived faster than I needed :mad: and finally got the chance to check them out.....

LOVE THEM! .. Literally, I'm in love! :eek:
Sound is lower - thats perfect, Flight is longer (I think I got about a 1minute or so more on the battery)
But the real deal is in Sport mode. My little beasty was unleashed :p

I was worries that lowering RPMs would be bad for stability. No such thing. Actually the MAS Stealth props were performing better no matter what I did.

My verdict (ordered in what matters to me most):
- Sound is truly better
- Flight time is better
- They still fold and fit in the same travel case
- Perfect handling in sport or normal modes
- No vibrations on the frame or video
- No motor warming

WELL, THERE IS ONE THING MISSING, I want COLORS.
So please, Master Airscrew, do some colors, could be boring white or orange once as used to for the Mavic Pro.
CHEERS
I have to agree with all your observations . I received my props yesterday , but we had rain , so had to wait till today to fly. I burned thru 4 batteries and had no issues at all . No vibrations/shaking , the air performed same or better than with the stock props , and the noise level is definitely much better .
5 stars !!!

Reactions: mnis and BossOlive
.I'm on my second set of MAS props And had to look .....Yes they have a rough
Spot on the back side but have not happered My opening /Closing the props
and can say pleased as punch these props they are the sh*ts.!
..Quiet/ Longevitive of flight and Visualy (when crashed I found my AC because of color)

I sent them email about the vibration and showed them picture of little rough spot behind propellers so they are sending me a new pair amazing customer service.
Master Airscrew rocks

Reactions: mnis and pyrolator
I ordered mine a few days ago, mine are deffo coming from USA though not European distro.

Have to see what they are like20190313_211040.jpeg

Bugger, bet I get that too!

that is a cool skin i like it .! "Chunky"
Thats a good price Did you use a dicount code.?
Free shipping.?
I never had an Air..... Battery skin.?

for the skin for mavic pro 1 skin ($24.99)
for the battery($6.99)
and shipping ($3.25) =$36
I'm on the fence with this purchase
I like to Support the vendors Here on mavicpilots
....cR
Sorry to take so long to get back to you.
Been working like crazy.
Anyway, I got them from DecalGirl, and their decal sheets include Aircraft, Controller, and 3 batteries for $25
If I were to buy other ones, I would stick with DecalGirl, since I have already tried their product, and found it to be great quality and price.
I just want better weather, so that I can get back to the skies.
Lol
Have fun

I was notified today that my Master Airscrew props have been shipped from Rancho Cordova, California, and should arrive here in Central Ohio by Friday. I opted for free shipping when I ordered two sets on Sunday.

Larry
Master Airscrew was wrong. They promised my new props would arrive on Friday. They arrived today (Thursday). :)

Of course, the weather here just turned nasty, so I won't be able to check them out until at least Saturday.

Larry

Here's a video of an outdoor propeller comparison. This time its a bit more subjective since the winds and background noises would have probably thrown off any sound meter. Also at the end of the video, I experienced an instance of the stuttering with the MAS props. However that was under wind gust and a slow takeoff. I've enlarged the video hoping to show how the Mavic Air gimbal compensates for the stuttering.

Here's a video of an outdoor propeller comparison. This time its a bit more subjective since the winds and background noises would have probably thrown off any sound meter. Also at the end of the video, I experienced an instance of the stuttering with the MAS props. However that was under wind gust and a slow takeoff. I've enlarged the video hoping to show how the Mavic Air gimbal compensates for the stuttering.
So which do you prefer?

Excellent comparison. I have mine on order.

I received my Master AirScrew quiet props for my Mavic Air yesterday. I took it out and flew for 3 batteries. The props are definitely quieter than the OEM props that DJI ships.

What concerns me is the warnings I received on 2 of my flights that I'd never seen with the OEM props. The warnings were "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution."

I've done some searching on this and what I found concerns me. I've seen posts where the user had to send the AC back to DJI for replacement. I've seen mentions that high wind velocity could be the cause. The wind velocity during my flights was pretty high and was triggering warnings about that. Otherwise, the AC behaved just fine.

I read one user who posted that their MA fell out of the sky after getting the Motor Current Error message.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this with the Master AirScrew or any other 3rd party props.

I'm going to fly again this afternoon and will probably use the DJI props to see if I can reproduce this.

I received my Master AirScrew quiet props for my Mavic Air yesterday. I took it out and flew for 3 batteries. The props are definitely quieter than the OEM props that DJI ships.

What concerns me is the warnings I received on 2 of my flights that I'd never seen with the OEM props. The warnings were "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution."

I've done some searching on this and what I found concerns me. I've seen posts where the user had to send the AC back to DJI for replacement. I've seen mentions that high wind velocity could be the cause. The wind velocity during my flights was pretty high and was triggering warnings about that. Otherwise, the AC behaved just fine.

I read one user who posted that their MA fell out of the sky after getting the Motor Current Error message.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this with the Master AirScrew or any other 3rd party props.

I'm going to fly again this afternoon and will probably use the DJI props to see if I can reproduce this.
They sell the safety parachute gizmo now for all the DJI aircraft. My Spark fell out of the Sky a few days ago cause of battery falling out. I Might try it.

After all these useful reviews I think that I'll wait for the dji move, because I think that soon they'll produce it's own silent props.

Reactions: mnis
So which do you prefer?
So I just came back from flying with the DJI, Master Airscrew (MAS), and Anafi blades but on a windless day and mostly in sport mode.

In sport mode, the MAS seems more agile and responsive than the DJI while still being less noisy.
The Anafi blades on the other hand were quite sluggish and often lagged while doing fast hard turns.

Also since it wasn't very windy today, I heard less buzzing from the MAS than the Anafi. So the noise performance is definitely affected by the wind conditions.

So to answer your question. Definitely I prefer the MAS, because you get the best of both worlds: Low Noise and High performance.

Unfortunately I forgot my GoPro, but at least now I have an idea of what to do for my next video :p.

I saw this today as well while flying with the MAS in sport mode and it wasn’t windy today. It was also the longest i’ve ever flown in sports mode and taking it far out.
DF24F1EA-5D4A-4362-BFA0-DFD2171D3AA2.png799C704D-5CEA-4482-961E-D801AAA5A72C.png

That is a bit concerning, I’ll have to try it with the other blades and see if that is an issue.

Thanks for bring that up.

Reactions: mnis
Just want to say master Airscrew customer service is awesome. I got my props on Monday and experienced vibration when flying. I posted something about it on reddit the other day and last night they messaged me unprompted and are sending me a new set of props. Pretty good customer service in my book.

Reactions: Jimmyk and mnis

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61