DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Mavic Air Props now available

Just want to say master Airscrew customer service is awesome. I got my props on Monday and experienced vibration when flying. I posted something about it on reddit the other day and last night they messaged me unprompted and are sending me a new set of props. Pretty good customer service in my book.

I was about to purchase two pair of these props but I'm seeing from various post people are having issues with them causing motor errors, vibrations, etc. I want to lower the sound but not to give up performance or possible cause my drone to crash. Factory props it is for now lol.....

Reactions: Shon and mnis
I was about to purchase two pair of these props but I'm seeing from various post people are having issues with them causing motor errors, vibrations, etc. I want to lower the sound but not to give up performance or possible cause my drone to crash. Factory props it is for now lol.....
Same here, I think that stock props are still the best, no matter if are a little bit loud, for me is not such problem, I'll buy eventually only genuine dji props when will be produced.

Reactions: Shon and mnis
I recently bought a set of props for my MA and they are definitely quieter,performance seems about the same but I keep getting a motor current error. Anyone else dealing with this?should I be worried?

Reactions: mnis
I recently bought a set of props for my MA and they are definitely quieter,performance seems about the same but I keep getting a motor current error. Anyone else dealing with this?should I be worried?
Were you in sports mode? I’m also see this issue as well when I’m pushing hard. I don’t remember see this in normal mode, but I’ll check the flight logs when I get the time. I’m working on a YouTube video which will highlight this

The MAS rotate slower than OEM's. But the same amount of air must be moved for hovering over the ground. As a result, the MAS needs slightly more amps, and this affects the stability of the supply voltage for the motors. The motherboard / Firmware knows the normal conditions for all modes of operation, so a voltage drop is a different condition and this is signaled to the operator with a warning message on the screen. There will certainly be some reserve, but there will be an over-current load on the engines, just like flying against strong winds or carrying extra load. Flying in Sport Mode can also cause this warning message.

I flew again today with the new props, using Litchi this time. I don't know if Litchi has the same warning capability or not but I had no warnings or errors relating to the props. It is relatively windy too, but not as much as the other day.

I flew in FPV mode for a bit, but not sport mode. I also flew a few waypoint missions and an orbit mission that went for several minutes.

They are definitely quieter than the DJI props.

I just received a set of MAS props for my MA yesterday and just tried them out. Definitely quieter, very noticeably so. It's windy here today in the northeast, so most of my test was basically hovering about 15 feet off the ground and doing a number of forward/back, side/side movements in both normal and sport mode. For the most part everything seemed normal except for a few times when I was moving in a given direction and let off the stick the MA did not seem to brake to stop itself. It slowed down and continued to drift in the direction I had been heading in and I had to counter that to make it hold position. I tried in sport mode and the MA definitely braked there to stop. When I went back to normal mode, it braked normally and that drift issue didn't return. No idea what that was all about, but I've never seen my craft act like that before. When I release the sticks, it stops. (GPS had 14 sats BTW).

The occasional strong gusts buffeted the ship around but it held position within +/- 1 foot.

I did not receive any motor current warning or alarms during this test flight as other had reported.

All in all I'm pleased with the noise reduction, but more flying is needed to determine performance and develop a trust factor. I did notice these props are not as rigid as the DJI props, and seem almost flimsy, which leads to the the thought of how much to they flex while in use and working against the air. I realize that centrifugal force is also working to force them to be straight, but who knows.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I noticed my props in one of my videos today. I was running a waypoint mission so the AC wasn't close enough to tell it's attitude. I was surprised as I didn't think it was all that windy.

I don't know if the more extreme attitude was due to the props or not. I'm not used to Litchi yet, so maybe some mission parameters were off.

Almost crashed when I ran an orbit of my house. I had thought that I had set it to something like 60 feet altitude. It started to move across the street at level which would have collided with a tree in my neighbor's yard. I stopped the mission before that happened and checked the settings. The altitude was set to 15 ft. I fixed it and ran the mission successfully.

Going to have to keep an eye on the specifics of Litchi missions so I don't lose my toy.

Our MA has been flying MAS - redundancy here - props a week now. No problems. The sound is a lower frequency compared to other props, not as disturbing (my dog noticed the difference!). The MAS folks run a tight ship, very pro and follow up the order.

We intend to run dB and flight time tests soon.

I saw this today as well while flying with the MAS in sport mode and it wasn’t windy today. It was also the longest i’ve ever flown in sports mode and taking it far out.
View attachment 66156View attachment 66157

That is a bit concerning, I’ll have to try it with the other blades and see if that is an issue.

Thanks for bring that up.
I just got mine about a week ago and have flown a couple time without receiving this message. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it. I agree about the prop noise also, they are definitely quieter. I'll be popping up a youtube video showing the difference in noise between both blades and checking the other claim about extended flight time. I'll drop the link in this thread when it's finished if anyone is curious.

My MAS props worked fine going through 3 batteries with no errors. Never used Sports mode though. Very pleased with the sound level.
Just got mine. Tried indoors hover test... Big difference in the sound. Really happy I got these. IMG_20190318_190530.jpeg

So I have officially experienced the "Motor Current Error" message using the new Master Airscrew props for Mavic Air. I was going to do a comparison video from stock props to these but have chosen not to use them anymore and plan on contacting Master Airscrew to make sure they are aware of this. I encourage anyone who's experienced this to contact them as well. The more people confirming this error the quicker the company will jump on the problem. It could be something as simple as a firmware update from DJI if the companies can coordinate but until then I'm not going to risk it.

If your getting a error just adust your fain in go 4, works great nothing lost.

Adjust the gain in go 4
How does one do this? Adjust it which way? Up or down? This sounds like it could be a promising "fix", but no information is given.

It will fix it, put them at around 93.
I have that problem with dji platinum props. You can play with number that's just where I go.

It will fix it, put them at around 93.
I have that problem with dji platinum props. You can play with number that's just where I go.
So you are talking about the "motor current" issue? This is a permanent fix? Or seems to be anyway?

With out looking think it's in advance settings, yes fix's is good, if you change your props back just change the gain back to 100.

Reactions: psloan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22