DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Mavic Air Props now available

According to MAS team, which replied on my mail: "Setting all to 80 with the Stealth props would not have different behavior than the stock, but you will still get the lower noise and longer flight time especially in hover. Older software versions do not have this problem at all as the standard settings from DJI were different then. "

Definitely looks like they are suggesting 80 gain. Not sure if it's for all directions. They posted about it at least 3 times in response to reviewers on their website.

Direct quite:
"How to fix this? - change the gain settings to 80 via the Go4 app completely eliminates the shivering. For most users this eliminates also the motor control error. The gain settings can be accessed via the top right menu -> first menu icon (the drone icon) -> advanced settings -> gain. If the motor control error still persists, downgrading to firmware V01.00.0400 or earlier would eliminate the issue."

Not sure I'm comfortable with 80 gain, but I'll let someone else with more money than me test it out and let us know .

According to MAS team, which replied on my mail: "Setting all to 80 with the Stealth props would not have different behavior than the stock, but you will still get the lower noise and longer flight time especially in hover. Older software versions do not have this problem at all as the standard settings from DJI were different then. "

Is anyone still on V01.00.0400 or rolled back the firmware and have the MAS blades installed? Can you try testing in sport mode and seeing if the MAS statement is true?

It would be much appreciated

I turned down all the settings to 80, works fine. Was a little nervous at first, but it sounds like it should. didnt try on sport though
I may have missed it but I haven’t seen anyone describe this issue except in sport mode, so if you’re not using that I’m not sure there’s any reason to change it.

I may have missed it but I haven’t seen anyone describe this issue except in sport mode, so if you’re not using that I’m not sure there’s any reason to change it.
I have the issue in non-sport mode as well... especially when ascending. Still need to try the gain adjustment on all 4 axis though.

It was pretty bad in non-sport mode for me until I changed everything down to 80. Just hovering made it sound like it was going to fall apart

So far (due mostly to weather), I've only been able to fly my Mavic Air three times after installing the Master Airscrew props. On those three flights, none of which included any Sport mode, I saw the motor current error message maybe twice each flight. It always appeared when I was giving the drone full forward throttle, and quickly disappeared when I let off the throttle.

I don't consider it a major problem, but I will play with the gain settings a little when I have the chance, to see whether they make the error messages go away completely.

Larry

So I finally had the time to make a video of the MAS flight performance and battery life. I basically overlaid and time synced the flight logs, HUD and outdoor footage so you can compare the stick inputs to the actual flight.

For battery life, I had two fully charged batteries and flew around in beginner mode which basically mutes any erratic flight for a more consistent flight comparison. I measured the time it takes to drop 12-13% in battery life.

For performance it was mostly just roll test and hard turns to see how responsive the props were with respect to the stick inputs. This was done in normal and sports mode.
In sports mode you will see a bunch of motor current errors for the MAS which I highlight and you can see the corresponding stick inputs that trigger.

At the end I perform a full forward throttle (several times actually, but not shown) to see if I can reproduce this with the DJI stock or Parrot Anafi props which did not happen. Although I did hit a max motor speed alert on the DJI stock blades.

Overall I think the MAS is a good prop so long as you don’t fly in sports mode. If you are flying in sports mode then the sounds probably won’t be your issue anyway so I would just switch to DJI stock for that mode.

I've gotten the motor current error many times with my MAS props and was not in Sport Mode. Most recently as I posted earlier in this thread was during a pure hover mission to survey some high rigging on our sailboat. Boat was stationary in a service yard. Calm winds on a cool day, elevation of the lake is around 1,000 MSL and hover altitude was around 50 feet AGL. Only random factor is that I had the prop guards installed due to proximity to shrouds, mast, and wires.

I am thinking of giving the gain setting of 80 a try, but that will have to wait until next week. Meanwhile hoping for more flight test results here.

Just got in from flying today with the MAS; two different flights - one afternoon, one at dusk with winds below 11mph. The MA did great; I didn't notice any shaking but I hadn't read up on the 80gain adjustments so I'm surprised it didn't have any issues.

A word of caution, though others may not have this experience the MA in sport mode is considerably more agile with the Airscrew props. So much so that I accidentally flew it into myself for the first time in over a hundred flights (and have the cuts on my hands to prove it). I just pushed the stick in the wrong direction and it jumped at me.

Reactions: dawgpilot
A word of caution, though others may not have this experience the MA in sport mode is considerably more agile with the Airscrew props. So much so that I accidentally flew it into myself for the first time in over a hundred flights (and have the cuts on my hands to prove it). I just pushed the stick in the wrong direction and it jumped at me.

Have you turned the gain to 80% as noted by MAS? Also be careful man.

Got mine in today. Going to test them and see how they do. Installed the props no physical problems and nothing that stands out. After I installed the MAS props I placed my MA back in its case. The new MAS props are a little wider, longer and more aggressive curve to them. With the MA is folded up and in the DJI case the rear props on the bottom bend to fit in the case and when you lift the MA up out of the case the tips of the blades catch on the case.

Got enough time to run 1 full battery through it with the new MAS Props. I waited to see if I got he Motor Current Warning before changing my gain Settings. I ran for about 12-13min normal. Going to 400ft and went pretty far out as well. Drained the last 5-6min in Sport mode. No Warnings of any kind. No weird drifting issues. Everything seem to work like normal. Drone stayed level and hovered very well.

As for the Noise... BIG Difference. You can notice it right off the bat when taking off. As you fly farther away the sound just disappears quick. I lost site of my Drone and when I was bringing it back. It was almost on top of me before I could hear it. So instead of sounding like a swarm of pissed of bee's. It just sounds like one slightly angry bee.

2SQMz.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks