DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

I ordered mine over a week ago and they just shipped yesterday so I’m thinking they took off the week of New Years is why the delay. I’m hoping mine are better then what I have seen on here?

Just let them know the there a bad cut and most likely they will send you out another pair with a discount if not for free.
Um, the very least they could do would be replace them, and perhaps include another set for the consumer's trouble. A discount? If that's all they offer in compensation for defective products, this is not a company I'd buy from. That's just me.

When a company produces some "bad batches" AND doesn't pick up the phone, that's the time to start paying attention. I've noticed I can fly my MA2 less than 100' away from someone, and they don't even hear it--WE do because we are attuned to listening for that sound and we tend to be hyper-sensitive to the "noise." I'll stick to the
When a company produces some "bad batches" AND doesn't pick up the phone, that's the time to start paying attention. I've noticed I can fly my MA2 less than 100' away from someone, and they don't even hear it--WE do because we are attuned to listening for that sound and we tend to be hyper-sensitive to the "noise." I'll stick to the stock props.
Honestly, I purchased a set for my MA2 and I have not noticed a big difference between the stock props with regards to noise levels.They do seem to be a lower quality than the stock props.

There are a couple of us waiting for orders placed in the uk.
After such a long wait and many air miles later, hopefully they will
be ok ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Those supposed flaws are in actuality vortex generators...teeny tiny vortex generators.. Joshing of course.. Examining both my older MA blades and the new ones for the Air1 they are all a ragged down close to the hub. The Oem blades are pristine. Does it make any difference? People say they are quieter...if you say so. Both the Air 1 and the Air 2 are noisier than Heck when you get on the gas.

I'm happy with my Master Airscrew replacement props.

The props arrived last week but it wasn't until today that I had a chance to try them. There are no obvious defects - cosmetic or otherwise. In usage, I would estimate they are about 25% quieter than the DJI props. With the DJI props, when I fly at 390 feet and come to an abrupt halt, the noise is quite noticeable. With the Mast Airscrew props I can not hear the drone stop.

I'll be ordering another set today for when some of the props in the first set get damaged in the upcoming accident.

I received my set yesterday and opened them immediately after I saw this post. They're perfect, pristine. You may have gotten yours from a bad batch.

The noise level has been debated for several years. Different aircraft provide different results and different ears provide a similar event.
The most noticeable aspect of the MasterAirscrew in my mind is the amount of money they spend on advertising.
I‘m not a contributor to their cause.

Reactions: rp6 and Thomas B
The noise level has been debated for several years. Different aircraft provide different results and different ears provide a similar event.
The most noticeable aspect of the MasterAirscrew in my mind is the amount of money they spend on advertising.
I‘m not a contributor to their cause.
Agree, still waiting for RTA analysis as I suspect most of the differences perceived are due to frequency and not actual sound pressure (dB).

It is only frequency :: But that can make a big difference from being able to talk over your camera recording and not getting a headache after hours of flying.

For me Tone is everything and my Neighbors agree. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm.

To put anyone at ease a little. The first set I bought from them for my XSP is when they had a bad batch. There was something wrong with the nut not tightening properly. They gave everyone that had bought a set from that batch a new set. Actually, when I emailed them with the problem they said they would send me a new set free of charge and I asked for 2 sets to compensate for the problems and they sent me 2 sets no questions ask. Definately a good company to deal with.

So I just got these props from master airscrew, and they seen cheap look at the cut they made, look at the edge of the blade that seems off
I had a poor quality problem with them. I got pumped up about their products and ordered up a couple sets for both MA and M2P. I sent the following email to them, and got no reply. This should speak for itself:
MA,

Regarding severe vibration with Master Airscrew props on Mavic 2 Pro.

My Mavic 2 Pro is experiencing severe vibration with the Master Airscrew propeller sets. I recently received two sets of blue props from you, on the advice of a fellow pilot. I believe I noticed them running quieter, and longer flight times as you claimed. (Slight but noticeable I believe.) Still photos came back ok, but when I took a short video clip it came back blurred.

First I tried a similar video clip with the OEM props, and it came out clear. We switched back to the MA set and: blurred again. Next I took out the aircraft, with MAs and went into a hover at eye level. At that vantage I observed a severe shaking of the camera. Also I reached out to one forward landing gear and got a good feel for the power of its vibration. Switching immediately to the OEM set, both visual and palpable vibration was gone.

I left the MAs on the shelf, and since then I’ve taken a number of successful missions. Today, just to see, I opened the second box of MAs and found severe vibration with this set as well.

Since this isn’t a large investment I don’t mind letting this go, but for your sake and mine, please advise regarding analysis or solution.

Thank you.

I had a poor quality problem with them. I got pumped up about their products and ordered up a couple sets for both MA and M2P. I sent the following email to them, and got no reply. This should speak for itself:
MA,

Regarding severe vibration with Master Airscrew props on Mavic 2 Pro.

My Mavic 2 Pro is experiencing severe vibration with the Master Airscrew propeller sets. I recently received two sets of blue props from you, on the advice of a fellow pilot. I believe I noticed them running quieter, and longer flight times as you claimed. (Slight but noticeable I believe.) Still photos came back ok, but when I took a short video clip it came back blurred.

First I tried a similar video clip with the OEM props, and it came out clear. We switched back to the MA set and: blurred again. Next I took out the aircraft, with MAs and went into a hover at eye level. At that vantage I observed a severe shaking of the camera. Also I reached out to one forward landing gear and got a good feel for the power of its vibration. Switching immediately to the OEM set, both visual and palpable vibration was gone.

I left the MAs on the shelf, and since then I’ve taken a number of successful missions. Today, just to see, I opened the second box of MAs and found severe vibration with this set as well.

Since this isn’t a large investment I don’t mind letting this go, but for your sake and mine, please advise regarding analysis or solution.

Thank you.
Did you ever post video of the vibrations , what interesting to me as i have a cat that like to chew the tips off the props and I still dont get vibrations when taking off and we also fly with Frozen props iced up and no vibrations so that is why I am asking to see that ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and Land on Water.

I bought a pair for my Mavic 2 zoom back in Nov. soon as I installed them I heard a weird noise off one motor, figuring it was how they sounded I throttled up and got the following warning. “Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution”.
I brought the drone back to me and saw the drone was vibrating heavily while it hovered.
I inspected the blades and noticed one blade had a lot of play in it and I’m guessing this is what caused balance issue on the motor.
I’ve reached out to MAS and have not received a reply.
now I have $45 worth of props that are collecting dust.
Oh and these blades are cut like razor blades.

UPDATE:
After seeing the other remarks/comments on the forum, I decided take a closer look at the cut of my blades and discovered that one blade has a crack on it (as shown in photo 1). This would support why my drone vibrated while hovering and the message. These blades have maybe 12 minutes of flight time, other then that the drone sat in my camera bag, same bag I’ve used for all my Mavic’s since there release.

The second photo, I took a side by side comparison. You can see some excess material on the blade edge the MAS blade. If you run your fingers along both edges of each prop, the DJI OEM blade has a smoother edge, while the MAS have a rougher feel to them. DJI are also far more rigid.
In the 3rd photo, the screw may not have been tightened all the way and this blade has more play in it then the others.

So at the end of the day, I’m in the same boat as the other posters on here who have had no support from Master AirScrew.
Russ from 51 Drones put together a great video about this issue and addressed it perfectly, let’s hope the folks at Master AirScrew will see our comments and follow up.

Attachments

• 80A1B191-DF39-4C52-A5A9-ADAAA651F771.jpeg
    80A1B191-DF39-4C52-A5A9-ADAAA651F771.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • E6014B82-9692-468C-99C0-422938780F27.jpeg
    E6014B82-9692-468C-99C0-422938780F27.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 41E975F8-26D5-41EB-A066-67B608E45E2E.jpeg
    41E975F8-26D5-41EB-A066-67B608E45E2E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
  • Sad