Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

Here is my update...
Stay safe

Attachments

• 16105529811725793476403809865729.jpg
    16105529811725793476403809865729.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
I want so much to jump on the bandwagon, but my newly-arrived blue MAS Props for my MA2 had no extra, un-trimmed material. They’re working as well as the MAS Props on my M2P, with lower pitched sound than the DJI props.

It seems this is merely a bad batch or production run, so their manufacturer is having quality control issues. This has probably taken them by surprise with the holidays and all. No excuse, but we’re talking about a historically good company for the UAV and RC hobbies...so they’ll eventually make things right.

You got nice clean props, same like mine. Mine do not vibrate/rotate and hover perfectly.

Did you even try them on your drone before making this post? If they don't vibrate/rotate like 51Drone posted, then you have good props.

Photos of my props are attached.
In all honesty, I did not try them for concern that they might harm/damage the rotor motors. I'm going to see if I can clean the flash off with an eraser and check the balance before trying them. I'm not too concerned with the trailing edge but the leading edge flash can affect lift performance/dirty air over the airfoil. Comments welcome.

Reactions: zigzag84
Received my return authorization and they sent a prepaid label for the shipment. Thought I was going to have to cover the shipping so that's one kudo for the company.

Reactions: 4score
Received my return authorization and they sent a prepaid label for the shipment. Thought I was going to have to cover the shipping so that's one kudo for the company.
Surly they're not going to expect everyone to send this stuff back. My whole
experience with MAS has been rubbish. The way a GOOD company deals with
a problem is with good customer service and an apology, i've had neither.
It took them 9 days to answer an earlier email regarding shipping, i emailed
them nearly 5 days ago regarding the quality issue after they finally arrived
and still NO response or acknowledgement of the issue. We have a very old
saying here in the UK ........YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST JOB.
??

Yeah, so an update on this... THREE WEEKS after me paying and them not shipping the products, I email them and say cancel my order, i don't want it anymore, I've had enough. You ignored all my emails enquiring about the delay, now I see all these quality issues, please cancel and refund. 24 hours later what do they do? Well, of course, they ship it. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
That exact thing happened to me. I sent them back as soon as they came.

I ordered 3 sets on the very first day they went on sale. They arrived only 2 days ago as shipping to Australia took 2 weeks. I do have issues with them. I sent an email to Master Airscrew yesterday and received a reply first thing next morning. Given the time zone difference (Australia) I was very happy with the speed of reply and their offer to replace or refund. I've asked for a refund. We'll see how quick they are to process it :)

That exact thing happened to me. I sent them back as soon as they came.

They didn’t even bother replying to my cancellation request. Also, ordering something from China for $5 gets me a tracking number. But a $300 order form MA with an additional $17 charge just for shipping apparently does not. This really feels like i ordered these from a Facebook scammer or something...

I just received a very nice email from MAS acknowledging and apologizing for the issue with the propellers. They have offered either a refund or replacements. I am going with the replacements. At this point I am very happy with their response and will update when I receive the replacements.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I just got my replacement order today...
Process was quick customer service IS great
However, i will NOT order again from MA. And this is why.
Even though replacement came quick quality of the product is poor. Light plastic, still a little extra material on the edges. Its just don't look like USA made... looks like cheap Chinese knockoff.
I can post pics of new props but don't see a reason for it...
I think at this point original props is the way to go
Stay safe all

Last edited:
Reactions: Leckhart
I had a poor quality problem with them. I got pumped up about their products and ordered up a couple sets for both MA and M2P. I sent the following email to them, and got no reply. This should speak for itself:
MA,

Regarding severe vibration with Master Airscrew props on Mavic 2 Pro.

My Mavic 2 Pro is experiencing severe vibration with the Master Airscrew propeller sets. I recently received two sets of blue props from you, on the advice of a fellow pilot. I believe I noticed them running quieter, and longer flight times as you claimed. (Slight but noticeable I believe.) Still photos came back ok, but when I took a short video clip it came back blurred.

First I tried a similar video clip with the OEM props, and it came out clear. We switched back to the MA set and: blurred again. Next I took out the aircraft, with MAs and went into a hover at eye level. At that vantage I observed a severe shaking of the camera. Also I reached out to one forward landing gear and got a good feel for the power of its vibration. Switching immediately to the OEM set, both visual and palpable vibration was gone.

I left the MAs on the shelf, and since then I’ve taken a number of successful missions. Today, just to see, I opened the second box of MAs and found severe vibration with this set as well.

Since this isn’t a large investment I don’t mind letting this go, but for your sake and mine, please advise regarding analysis or solution.

Thank you.
Check at the inside end where the prop connects to the hub. One of mine had a small bit of sprue left that made it more difficult to swing out all the way. I just hit it with a file for a couple of seconds when they were folded.

I was checking this post to see if the problems are getting resolved.
I received the blue ones and did not have any problem with mine.
Just tested them again today to see if there is any vibration problem and there is none.
But of course I got the "Blue" ones and the edge was clean.
Hope the problem get resolved.

So as stated earlier, I received my prepaid return label from MAS. Boxed the items up and shipped them out yesterday. Went to check today to make sure the tracking number went live and the USPS site is telling me that the package associated with that number was delivered on the 19th of October to Prescott, Arizona. Double checked my data entry and the same result every time. Both to/from addresses are correct on the label so hopefully they get back to MAS and I get my refund.

So as stated earlier, I received my prepaid return label from MAS. Boxed the items up and shipped them out yesterday. Went to check today to make sure the tracking number went live and the USPS site is telling me that the package associated with that number was delivered on the 19th of October to Prescott, Arizona. Double checked my data entry and the same result every time. Both to/from addresses are correct on the label so hopefully they get back to MAS and I get my refund.
This illustrates the maxim, "it takes years to cultivate a loyal customer, and just seconds to lose that customer."

Ouch. I bought 2 sets for my Mavic Pro over Christmas and just set them aside. I pulled them out seeing this and although not quite as bad as yours, there is small flashing the length of them. I can probably clean them up but shouldn't have to. I won't be buying these ever again. Horrible quality control. Shame

So. Another update to this. As suspected Master Airscrew has been inundated with calls on defective Mavic props. On top of that being in CA, Covid absences has replies backed up. After sending pictures twice and no replies to anything, I received an email from them today with a tracking number for replacement of both sets that I received. Bottom line, let them know, send some pictures of the props, reference your order number, then be patient. They are taking care of this problem. I will post a final update when I receive my replacements on their quality. Happy flying all.

Last edited:
UPDATE

so I got the supposed revision from MAS, well I tested them and these make my drone move a bit while it had the motor on and on the table again these are the revision, the first ones were the worst, I am not risking it.

Attachments

• 140718799_10221184584818816_3934052950844211753_o.jpg
    140718799_10221184584818816_3934052950844211753_o.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 140370347_10221184584298803_1680420121721733353_o.jpg
    140370347_10221184584298803_1680420121721733353_o.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 42
  • 140597702_10221184583858792_692679000133047132_o.jpg
    140597702_10221184583858792_692679000133047132_o.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 140951985_10221184583538784_8322771967923606251_o.jpg
    140951985_10221184583538784_8322771967923606251_o.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 40
Received a "response" email from MAS, indicating they corrected the manufacturing process with hardware corrections.

They apologized for the issue and like above indicated... offered to refund or replace.
I accepted the replacement option.
No need to return defective product.

I had sent 1 email about 3 weeks ago, I sent no follow-up or calls... 1 email.

I'd say they've been flooded with emails & calls... correcting manufacturing and sending out responses.

MAS has been and continues to be a top quality company in my opinion. That includes responding & correcting an error in a relatively short time.

Here is a video of the prop they resent to replaced the ones with flashing..
Didn't see video arrive, but based on your above photos and still seeing the flashing on edges... I'd say that set was inventory or something other than corrected version.

I'd expect corrected version to be clean and accurate like their other props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy