DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew

I also received mine and they barely clear my Phantom Rainsuit, it could be an issue for those having a rainsuit. I have not flied with them. Although I bought four sets, all the colors, lol

Weird.... Ya'll mention the other colors but when I ordered mine I only saw Blue....

This might be too late to help, but there are pics of the different colors on the product page. Just click the picture to change to the color you want to order.

My orange set is out for delivery today. So of course it’s raining here. Sigh...

Reactions: SturdyFlamingo
I'll wait to see the sudden influx of youtube videos and hopefully someone will post something that isn't sponsored :D
I like the idea of them and they seem to be the most well regarded non oem props out there.

Raining here yesterday. Much quieter at idle in the house. I c
have a Pro and Zoom so the comparison was easy. Took it out in my culdesac for about 10 min between rain. Quieter, no yaw, no drift, no sluggishness, no issues at all. Based on that , at the moment, I’m totally sold!

Really good to hear. Skies are clearing here. Hoping to try mine out tonight. Always fun to try out a new toy.

Just received mine now. Won’t be flying for a day or two. The one thing I did notice from the pics - and now the actual props -is the steel rivets go through from the bottom but do not go all the way through the tops of the blades. I’m sure they have the design down solid, but that does seem like a possible weakness.

That's because they're actually not rivits. They're screws. On MP1 ended up adjusting by taking apart and cleaning with dry cloth if they became stiff. These seem ok so far.

That's because they're actually not rivits. They're screws. On MP1 ended up adjusting by taking apart and cleaning with dry cloth if they became stiff. These seem ok so far.
Yes. You are correct now that I’ve looked closer. Hex fasters. Interesting.

Flew with a set this evening, notes:

1. Considerably less noise on take off, more like noise from the old MPP with DJI props, so for sure less noise.
2. Drone seems a bit slower with them installed, normal flight, not sport mode, (never use)
3. Stable in hover, no drift
4. Much less noise on decent, by far the most impressive for me. as the MP2 with standard DJI props IMO makes quite a bit of noise on decent normal speeds.

Need to test with a fully charged battery to see if they give any more time in flight, as battery I used was already at 85%.

Paul C

Reactions: Brockrock
I received mine today as well. I didn’t do any exact testing for performance and battery, just flew around the backyard a bit, then around the house, and once I was comfortable they weren’t going to fail, popped up to 200’ and flew some laps around the neighborhood,

They are more quiet than the stock props, at hover, inflight, and maneuvering, but it wasn’t as much a difference as they made with my Air. Still, the M2P is much more quiet than the Mavic Air to begin with, so even a slight change matters. Flying around the house at 50’-75’ it’s very non-intrusive, and passing over at 200’, if there’s any ambient noise you probably wouldn’t notice it at all.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just had to take one apart after my post above (#50) where I mentioned a concern of mine about what I thought were rivets holding the props on. I was then rightly corrected by
rtr32 that they are actually screws, and I then posted that I looked again and saw that they were 'hex' fasteners.

Well, they are T7 self-threading Torx fasteners, and they are steel, as they were magnetic. When the two fasteners are removed, the two black frame halves separate, and the blades can then be removed from a pair of plastic posts on the upper half. It is these posts that the fasteners screw into.

On DJI props, the blades and frame halves are 'through and through' riveted as far as I can tell, and I have yet to hear about a confirmed rivet failure. On these props, there are screws.

I only mention this because I have often said that aftermarket props and batteries should be avoided at all times, but I have also heard and read a lot of positive reviews regarding MAS props. Regardless of performance/noise/flight time..., my chief concern is, will they come apart in flight. After taking one apart and seeing how it's held together, I have no concerns at all. MAS could have used cheaper aluminum fasteners, but they used steel. That is telling of their quality.

Like any prop though, inspect, inspect, inspect, prior to and after every flight session. With these, periodically include checking the snugness of the fasteners..

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Didn’t get home until well after dark last night, so I installed my set but didn’t test them. Hopefully, tonight. Trying to decide if I like my Mav’s new yellow and orange look. If nothing else, it’ll be visible if it goes down somewhere. Thanks for the tip on checking the fasteners before takeoff by the way. I’ll add that to my preflight list.
1A5B197B-A5C2-45EE-8B8B-3DA6C464144C.jpeg

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Has anyone used a decimeter yet to see if the change is a reduction in absolute dB produced vs. change in frequency of prop noise?
There are some videos starting to pop on youtube, and I have also run mine and hovered in a large garage and compared the difference. I observed pretty much what I have seen in videos. The MAS are about 2 dB quieter within five or so feet, and the frequency does seem a bit lower to the ear.

Reactions: Thomas B
There are some videos starting to pop on youtube, and I have also run mine and hovered in a large garage and compared the difference. I observed pretty much what I have seen in videos. The MAS are about 2 dB quieter within five or so feet, and the frequency does seem a bit lower to the ear.
If you look at the rpm counter on your RC controller, you'll probably see that there is a noticeable difference in rpm when the Mavic is in the hover (comparing stock props to MAS). The lower rpm of the MAS props is what makes them sound less intrusive. While the noise-pressure is slightly less, the reduction in rpm means that the MAS prop's make the flight noise tend more toward a 'humm' than a 'buzz'. It's that which makes them seem 'quieter'.

If you look at the rpm counter on your RC controller, you'll probably see that there is a noticeable difference in rpm when the Mavic is in the hover (comparing stock props to MAS). The lower rpm of the MAS props is what makes them sound less intrusive. While the noise-pressure is slightly less, the reduction in rpm means that the MAS prop's make the flight noise tend more toward a 'humm' than a 'buzz'. It's that which makes them seem 'quieter'.
Well said, and very true. Folks are also noting that they begin to not even hear the copter a lot closer than with the stock props. This lower pitched humm seems to be more limited in how far it travels.

Reactions: SturdyFlamingo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom