DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew

After some quantitative testing I'm not sure that the data support the conclusions so far from other reviews. A spectral analysis of the DJI and MAS props while hovering produced the following:

View attachment 92481

Most of the spectral peaks are lower for the MAS props, which is simply a result of a lower motor speed. That accounts for the overall lower tone of the MAS props. But integrating the spectral power with respect to frequency indicates a slightly higher overall sound level from the MAS props:

View attachment 92482

Looking at the actual motor characteristics:

View attachment 92483

The motor speeds are down for the MAS, averaging 5400 rpm vs. 5770 for the DJI props. However, the motor currents and overall motor power are up by around 3%, which will result in slightly shorter flight times. On balance I would say that the DJI props are more optimized than the MAS props, even though they subjectively sound louder.
I assume that’s hover test? I wonder what it looks like at 25kph. I think it’s roughly their most aerodynamic speed, for max flight time.

I assume that’s hover test? I wonder what it looks like at 25kph. I think it’s roughly their most aerodynamic speed, for max flight time.

It is a hover test, indoors to remove any wind effects. The motor power should be minimum at 25 kph, since that is the specified speed for maximum flight time. I'll run that test when I get the chance on a windless day.

I have never used these propellers, but I could not resist a set of black and a set of orange.

which colors are best for visibility? I like black on front, but not sure which of the other colors are easiest to see from ground to put on back.

Due to them spinning while the Mavic's in the air, the colour doesn't actually show much at all - but - if you make an 'unscheduled landing' then the orange prop's make a big difference when you are trying to find it in the foliage!

Reactions: pelagic_one and JAW
anyone in the uk received any yet? wondering if you got hit for tax and vat ?

Just received a set last night for my M2P, ordered a 2-3 days ago they are here. Will try them out tomorrow, I’ll see if RPM change, and if quieter.

Paul

anyone in the uk received any yet? wondering if you got hit for tax and vat ?
Mine took off from San Francisco two days ago I’ll let you know how much duty I pay when I find out... it’s either nothing or you wait ten days for equal mail to contact

Reactions: shutterup
I just ordered two sets and used coupon code "TNL2YW9" for 10 percent off and the free shipping is awesome.

John

So, in the end, my experience with these props was not a fully positive one. I ordered two sets just prior to the official ship date, and I was excited when they arrived, and certainly wanted them to work, but.

The issue that I had was the copter twitching in hover. it would throttle up for just a millisecond which you could both hear and see when it was near, and I didn't let it get very far away, as this issue started immediately after takeoff. I tried both sets, and the issue was there both times.

In MAS's defense however - and I never tested and confirmed this - I do have my copter's Breaking and Sensitivity settings dialed way back about as far away from default as they can go. I prefer the muted feel when flying, and IMO, it is easier on the motors and arms. I'm sure MAS calibrated these with default sensitivity settings, so in my case, it's back to OEM which is fine.

I used these today for the first time, and I had some issues. Like, major issues. I am in correspondence with Master Airscrew and hopefully I can figure out what is going on. I will be posting a review tomorrow showing my problems.

Russ

I used these today for the first time, and I had some issues. Like, major issues. I am in correspondence with Master Airscrew and hopefully I can figure out what is going on. I will be posting a review tomorrow showing my problems.

Russ
Will be interested as they have been making a fine product for years but now since the MA2 things are shifting it seems they got a bad batch or two..I got mine from Amazon about 3 months ago and have had zero issues. ;)

Russ
Hi Russ, I will be looking forward to your video. I mentioned in Post 93 (just prior to yours) that I had twitching issues, and it was way beyond anything that I was going to deal with while flying. I ended up trashing them (2 sets) and returning to OEM. I also mentioned that I have all of my sensitivity settings muted, and that could be why the twitching. I would imaging MAS designed these with default settings in mind, but I do like mine dialed back.

Hey all,
I dont mean to hijack your post but it seems like theres some Air screw aficionados in here (including myself) and im curious what you all have to say this. Would there be any gains if i took apart those junk unbalanced 3 blade props (carbon fiber or plastic) and replaced the blades with the airscrews? They fit up and stay secure to the motor just low quality in every other aspect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy